Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Champs!

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    The rebuild was presumed due to the number of top guys still in pro camps nearing the start of the year. Calgary had the good fortune of getting alot of core guys back to hold the house together. Next year will almost be a start from scratch year.

I will also go on record as saying you will not win the Mem Cup.....will not, will not, will not. Remember where it is. Out in Quebec, you won't have the officials in your back pocket. And when you high stick in a goal out there, it won't count........have fun.

Call it sour grapes if you will, but in 05, Kelowna outplayed us. You had divine help. And you can't deny it.
    Yep, we'll just call it sour grapes alright. And Schultz's gut is not above the cross bar, he's only 6' 2". Have fun cheering for Rimouski.

And 9 - 3 is not divine help.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanfan View Post
    Yep, we'll just call it sour grapes alright. And Schultz's gut is not above the cross bar, he's only 6' 2". Have fun cheering for Rimouski.

And 9 - 3 is not divine help.
    Yeah i agree, sounds like some Brandon fans are a little sour now! If you lose 4 straight it aint no fluke, the team was clearly better. As far as Calgary losing in the Mem Cup if they get there who are you to say that? If Brandon beat Calgary and people were saying that about Brandon you would call them crazy. If anyone is seriously going to win the Mem Cup this year though my bet goes to Windsor, what a program they got going on there. But if you got as far as the Mem Cup, its anyones ballgame at that point

Yep playoff series are a marathon and the Memorial Cup is a sprint. Still have to make it out of the league first.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanfan View Post
    Yep playoff series are a marathon and the Memorial Cup is a sprint. Still have to make it out of the league first.
    Thats one of the greatest ways to describe it that Ive heard! Its right 100% bang on! Speakin on the Mem Cup though, the Windsor Spitfires you gotta give them alot of credit as well for their outstanding season. Im sure many of you Calgary fans remember last season when Windsor team captain and Calgary Flame draft pick Mickey Renaud passed away. To come back this season that much stronger after dealing with such a tragedy is a remarkable story itself! You gotta think those kids are playing for alot more than just pride and personally I really hope they continue to do well just based on that story...

Default someone is bitter

Holy Whiner-ism. Dude if you have a problem with how the Hitmen play, then take it up with the league. Check your crap at the door.

Quote Originally Posted by DunnerStunner View Post
    Holy Whiner-ism. Dude if you have a problem with how the Hitmen play, then take it up with the league. Check your crap at the door.
    Who are you referring to because I've been pretty supportive of the Hitmen...

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonite View Post
    Who are you referring to because I've been pretty supportive of the Hitmen...
    that msg was for wheatmaniac..

All due respect Wheatamaniac, Calgary beat us fair and square. We should have won Game 3, had we not turned over the puck on all five goals, including the OT winner, Schultz just put the biscuit in the basket.

All-Time Favorite.

Default Just Makes a Guy Wonder.....

Quote Originally Posted by dagley View Post
    All due respect Wheatamaniac, Calgary beat us fair and square. We should have won Game 3, had we not turned over the puck on all five goals, including the OT winner, Schultz just put the biscuit in the basket.
    you see, I'm not denying that Calgary has a powerhouse team. But nobody who saw all the replays can deny that the Game 2 tying goal was a high stick, and the only replay the league wanted to use was the overhead? That illegal goal could have changed alot of things in this series. But there were many instances where the hitmen were basically given free reign to do what they wanted to us unpenalized. This makes it easy for the hitmen fan to sit back and call me a whiner for calling the league out on this....real easy since they came out ahead. But just too many so-called coincidences that were ignored by the officials. They had us down and were going to make sure we stayed there.
    And for the guy who said I'd be cheering for Rimouski......Not!!!! They're from Quebec.

I only cheer for teams from Canada.

To Wheatmaniac-- I guess it was a coincidence we outshot every team and out scored every team all year long. Guess it was also a coincidence that we continued to win even with the Best Player in the WHL at the World Junior. And as far as Ian's high stick goal we were outplaying the BWK at that time and it was only a matter of time that the Hitmen was going to score. And it was a legit score. I sit behind the net and had a good view and it was below the crossbar. Get over the loss like all the other BWK fans. You had a great run and if you had a decent goalie you might have beaten us but you never so next year you better get one. Also make sure Scheen isn't drafter by the Leafs cause they will keep him next year.
    clrkthpbjvci22