Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitmen v Rockets for the League Championship

Icon32

Rockets1231- I just want to thank you for not coming on this forum and bashing the hitmen like some teams fans do, we appreciate it...

The Rockets continue to battle harder for a full 60 than the Hitmen.

Guggenberger is outplaying Jones.

Rockets are blocking point shots, basically the Rockets are doing all the little things right.

Time to go into there barn boys and take back home ice...

Well.we see what were made of now,we need to take 2 in Kelowna which is gonna be a mighty task, but I still believe in the Hitmen......Kelowna's defense is real strong and yes Guggenberger is outplaying Jones for sure....That has to turn around if we want this series....I'm actually shocked we lost both games here..
    The Hitmen have had no adversity all year until now...Can they pull it out??
    The Rockets have a great home record as well. should be interesting....Go Hitmen!!

The one weakness (the only weakness against us!!) we saw in our series with you (Bdn) was that Jones looked ordinary. We scored lots of goals on not many shots. But I sure didn't see you losing the first 2 at home. Are you rolling 6 d-men or mostly the big 4?
    Last edited by Hitmen1; 05-03-2009 at 01:17 PM. Reason: My bad.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    The one weakness (the only weakness against us!!) we saw in our series with you (Bdn) was that Jones looked ordinary. We scored lots of goals on not many shots. But I sure didn't see you losing the first 2 at home. Are you rolling 6 d-men or mostly the big 4?
    Lowry really rolls the big 4 and adds the other 2 in every now and then. The Rockets are getting the garbage goals that you need in the playoffs. The goals where you have to battle in front of the net and bang home rebounds, the Hitmen are still trying to be the flashy team and score beautiful goals off the rush. And they haven't played a whole 60 minutes yet, which was common throughout the season but in the regular season but right now they must play for 60 minutes and be prepared to battle for a full 60 minutes.

Well Dunner, it would be really stupid of me to do so, since regardless of who wins this series Calgary is still the top team in the CHL in my opinion. I mean they lost 13 games all season, and only 9 in regulation. Bottom line is that Kelowna has won 2 games, it's takes 4 to win the Title, it was entirely unexpected, but there's no reason Calgary won't go and take 2 in Kelowna and even this series up.
    Kelowna Rockets
    Division Titles: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015
    Regular Season Championships: 2003, 2004, 2014
    Western Conference Championships: 2003, 2005, 2009, 2015
    Western Hockey League Championships: 2003, 2005, 2009, 2015
    Memorial Cup Championships: 2004

Lots of posts and Guggie has certainly had his share of puck luck .. but the Rockets are handling the Hitmen the way they handled us (the Giants). A lot of us thought it was lack of effort on our team's part, or lack of size. Calgary doesn't have that excuse. The Rockets defensive game is far better than I thought it might be, but their hustle on the back-check is a lot of what's making this tougher on the Hitmen than I figured it might.

The Rockets just want it more right now and since the trade deadline have been the best team in the Dub. Guggenberger who was acquired around that time looks to be the real deal with 30+ wins. Backlund has added to an already talented line-up and Myers (although I feel quite cheap at times) is playing extremely well.

Hitmen need to get more traffic in front of Guggie and be right in his face. Amazing speed on Evan Bloodoff I didn't think he had.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmen1 View Post
    Lowry really rolls the big 4 and adds the other 2 in every now and then. The Rockets are getting the garbage goals that you need in the playoffs. The goals where you have to battle in front of the net and bang home rebounds, the Hitmen are still trying to be the flashy team and score beautiful goals off the rush. And they haven't played a whole 60 minutes yet, which was common throughout the season but in the regular season but right now they must play for 60 minutes and be prepared to battle for a full 60 minutes.
    Curiously similar to what I was thinking about the Giants in our series versus the Rockets.. and they did take periods and sometimes games off, but a lot of credit has to go to the Rockets who are clicking with all the components right now.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Iconwhl

Well i have picked Kelowna to win thie series but i never for 1 second thought they would be up 2-0 after the 1st 2 games in Calgary.

I have always said Calgary's biggest question mark is between the pipes. Jones hasnt been tested all year. Did Jones ever steal a game for the Hitmen this season??? My guess (& very strong opinion) is NOPE!! he never had to steal a game cuz the Hitmen would score 4, 5, 6 or even 7 goals a game.

Things are alot different now up against Kelowna, would be the same if they were playing Vancouver as well. But if they were playing Vancouver i would of been picking Calgary in 6.

Calgary can beat you in skill, but Kelowna beats you in work effort & the skill is there as well. Calgary has never had to play a full 60 minute game all season. Wow are they in for a shocker now.

Either team who wins this series though will go on to win the Memorial Cup.. Our league will be well represented with either Calgary or Kelowna.

Calgary has to come out banging bodies right off the get go,just like the rockets did to us here....Especially Schultz!! clrkthjclrkthj And Jones has to be way better if we have any chance

I don't even know what to say right now. I know that Kelowna is a good team but the Hitmen are just not playing at all. They were terrible for 45 minutes or so of this game. The last 15 minutes they played really well and just didn't get to any of those rebounds that Guggenberger gave out. How lucky has Guggenberger been? Several times he had no idea where the rebounds where, the Hitmen just couldn't get them in the net.