Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thrower & Neilsen ~ Best Buds

Default ok not trying to start a fight and.....

I agree that both Thrower and Siemens are both great defencemen but would you REALLY want to put both of them on the same pairing based on the reason that they are BOTH 16? I would not have a problem with it but I just see some concern in that situation. I know whatever happens in training camp and whatever happens with the line combos things will work out and if they do not there is no reason to panic. on Another note I think I heard or read somewhere that Josh Nicholls and the Blades 1st round pick in 09 Ryan Olsen are good friends too. That is good to see.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

Quote Originally Posted by GBG BLEED BLUE View Post
    I agree that both Thrower and Siemens are both great defencemen but would you REALLY want to put both of them on the same pairing based on the reason that they are BOTH 16? I would not have a problem with it but I just see some concern in that situation. I know whatever happens in training camp and whatever happens with the line combos things will work out and if they do not there is no reason to panic. on Another note I think I heard or read somewhere that Josh Nicholls and the Blades 1st round pick in 09 Ryan Olsen are good friends too. That is good to see.
    Elliott had 1st line time when he was 16. Siemens and Thrower will start with 3rd line time. Im sure they could handle it.

Rumor had it that Brodyn Nielsen is quite a player.... possibly the best draft choice the Blades made. Being drafted to the same team with his best friend may help his choice in choosing the WHL or NCAA.
    BLEED BLUE

Default Elliot probably had first time minutes...

because he was already better then the rest of the d-men on the team and still is the number 1 or 2 d-man on the team. Siemens could be a top 4 d-man right away, would've made the top 6 last year if 15's were allowed to play. Again the Blades don't need to rush Thrower.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    because he was already better then the rest of the d-men on the team and still is the number 1 or 2 d-man on the team. Siemens could be a top 4 d-man right away, would've made the top 6 last year if 15's were allowed to play. Again the Blades don't need to rush Thrower.
    Playing a 16yr old on the 3rd line D-pairing is not rushing him.
    BLEED BLUE