Thread: Carson McMillan interesting bit...

Default Carson McMillan interesting bit...

To all you Calgary Hitmen fans, I just thought I would share an interesting little fact with you about Carson McMillan that you may or may not be aware of that I just noticed today and thought it was pretty cool. As you all know Carson is currently in Houston with the Aeros (healthy scratch) for the remainder of the playoffs. One of the goaltenders for Houston is Nolan Schaefer, the brother of former Wheat King Peter Schaefer. Peter Schaefer was actually billeted by Carson's family years ago when Peter played in Brandon. Carson would have been about 8 years old when Scahefer played in Brandon and its quite possible he met Nolan a few times as well growing up and now the 2 are playing alongside one another. May not be as interesting to others but I thought that was pretty cool!

That's neat. It really is a small world after all. Sure am going to miss C Mac.

The story of Carson McMillan is a good story too. I've known Carson and his family very well for several years (no, Im not bragging!!). I never ever thought Carson would end up where he is today. He was never drafted into the WHL and you never heard his name mentioned. He got cut from AAA when he was 15 which was he ended up just playing High School with his brother in Brandon. The year after that when he was 16 he played AAA and then got a try-out offer from Calgary. When he first went to Calgary, I'll admit I was the most critical of it. I never thought he would stand a shot ever in the WHL. He was never a tough kid as to what he is today and his role and abilities have risen so much in the past few years. Now hes drafted into the NHL and skating in the AHL. Good for you Carson, just please keep level headed and good luck

Yep, he's kind of a feel good story, little train that could kind of thing. Long ways to go yet but here's hoping. He sure had a hell of a year this year. I heard the one interview siad Minnesota and he agreed 30 points (15g, 15 a) would be a good year for him and he doubled that.