Thread: anyone go to the weekend camp?

Default anyone go to the weekend camp?

who stood out?

let's hear those good things.

Quote Originally Posted by wango tango View Post
    who stood out?

let's hear those good things.
    I went to the Saturday session and Tommy Stipancik looked impressive for a 14 year old,Dalton Thrower looked good as well,and as usual Brent Benson and Duncan Siemens looked impressive. The goalies that I was able to watch looked good so as the season goes on I things look very bright for the future!!!! I was not able to find Ryan Olsen out there for whatever reason but I am sure we will see him at some point and time this up coming season. I am very excited for the start of next season. I was very impressed with what I saw but of course they were playing with guys who are pretlty much the same age but there are a couple of players that I think could make the jump to the WHL. would be interested to hear about the sunday sesssion if anyone saw it.
    Last edited by GBG BLEED BLUE; 05-27-2009 at 04:19 PM.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

Default Well its looking like...

Benson, Siemens and Thrower have three spots locked up, Sutter apparently wasn't to impressive according to a post on the whl msg board so see how he does at the real training camp, if he is commiting to the WHL, apparently hasn't signed yet.

Iconwhl

Brodyn Nielsen, Shay Laurent, and Levi Bews stood out. Dylan Olsen(1st rounder) was good but Bews(2nd rounder) and Nielsen(10th rounder) were better. Bews has sick skills. He scored more then anyone and getting him in the 2nd round is a steal. To me Bews looked like he coulda gone in the top 5. Shay laurent is an excellent D-man entering his 16 yr old season. its a shame that the D-line will be so hard to crack this season. Laurent is too good to not be playing in the WHL this season.

Like what was mentioned earlier, Sutter wasnt impressive. But rumor has it that he wants to play in Red Deer. Maybe Lorne can get a trade going.
    BLEED BLUE

Default Maybe Sutter for Siwak...

who was the Rebels 2nd round pick last year. Just a possibility if Sutter is not wanting to report.

I sure hope Bews signs with the Blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    who was the Rebels 2nd round pick last year. Just a possibility if Sutter is not wanting to report.

I sure hope Bews signs with the Blades.
    Giving Sutter to the Rebels is a family issue. Sutter has sentimental value. The Blades should be able to get Siwak and a 3rd for Sutter.
    BLEED BLUE

Quote Originally Posted by Tidball View Post
    The Blades should be able to get Siwak and a 3rd for Sutter.
    LOL