Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Arenas you've been to

Default thankyou....

I remember now.....I think I fell up a couple of those stairs. ..you are correct not the best place that I watched a game in. Thankyou 107
    We're here for a good time....not a long time !! Go Rockets Go !!!

Arrow Arenas

I have been to alot of arenas over the years, as a player, a scout and a fan and the one arena that sticks out in my mind as a "zoo" was the old arena in Blairmore, Alberta. Back when John Chapman coached the Pass Red Devils in the AJHL, this was the arena the players never wan't to go to and where the fans were actually a seventh man for the home team. What an experience.

Imagine that, the 2nd "zoo" is the Philly spectrum and if not mistaken the link there is John Chapman as he is or was a scout for them.
    Drop the Puck

Default Arenas

WHL arenas. I've watched the Broncos play in all the WHL rinks as a fan except four
    Regina (just never seem to get there).
    Brandon (always out of the way)
    Everett - didn't make the trip this year.
    Cranbrooks new rink - did see the old one and loved it. Particularly winning the 50/50 - great fans

Best rinks
    Prince George the first time. Loved when fans made so much noise during a time out the coach gave up.
    Kelowna excellent rink love the area.

Actually there isn't a rink I don't like.

It will be interesting to see what the CCC ( Centennial Civic Ceter ) will look like once the renovations are complete.

Quote Originally Posted by lovintherockets
    I remember now.....I think I fell up a couple of those stairs. ..you are correct not the best place that I watched a game in. Thankyou 107
    Hahaha...looking at the second level in that pic, it reminds me of the Winnipeg Arena. Those stairs were STEAP! If you made one wrong step, your tumbling down a hell of a lot of steps. Looks very similar at the Tacoma Dome.

medicinehat_tigers Guest

I havent went to much but here they are:

WHL ARENAS:
    Medicine Hat Tigers- The Arena
    Lethbridge Hurricanes- Enmax Center

OTHER ARENAS:
    Toronto Blue Jays, Toronto Argos- Skydome
    Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors- Air Canada Center
    Brooks Bandits- Lakeside Lesuire Center
    Drumheller Dragons- Drumheller Arena
    Calgary Flames- Pengrowth Saddledome
    Last edited by medicinehat_tigers; 01-26-2005 at 11:26 PM.

Default My List of Arenas

1. Enmax Centrium - Great place to watch hockey, overall classiest rink in the DUB!
    2. Medicine Hat Arena - Talk about a place where fans make the noise unbearable, most rinks use their sound systems, not us. Give us a car battery and an old fire engine siren and ....well you all know the rest.
    3. Pengrowth Saddledome - Very professional...maybe too professional for the Hitmen(afterall they are amateur players).
    4. Regina Agridome - similar setup inside as the Centrium, but a long long way from as good as the Centrium.
    5. CCC (swift) - Old and dingy, could be kept up a lot better. Only complaint is you have to drive all the way through Speedy Creek to get to it, when coming from the West (ie Med Hat etc...)
    6. Enmax Center (Lethbridge) - Most hostile fans in the DUB especially if you are a Tigers fan (gee I wonder why?). Great place to go to watch hockey as well, if the fans weren't quite as rude I'd rank it up close to MH and RD.
    GO TIGERS GO!!!!!

Default Arena's I've been to over my travelling days..

Prince Albert Communiplex(my home rink)-very crazy atmosphere,fans are great,a real hockey town North,Nice upgrades as well as great fan support.

Saskatoon's Credit Union Centre-Awesome rink,a little on the quiet side until this year,Very warm and fan friendly.

Regina's Agridome-Sat up in the sky boxes and thought I'am glad iam up here and not down there.Very Quiet,nice intro though,kinda old looking.

Moose Jaw's Crushed Can-Old,weird shape makes it unique,very cold inside(felt I should have been dressed for snow mobiling)One of my fav's though.

Swift Current's Centennial Civic Centre-Crappy rink,mold all over,ushers look like bums,need a flash light when going in there,although very good fans,very loud.Nice to see P.A,M.J and S.C being community owned.

Rinks I will see in the next year:Brandon,Medicine Hat,Lethbridge,Red Deer,Calgary and Kelowna.The others will have to wait.

Default Rinks i've been too

So far I've been too Sportmart place in Kamloops, Spokane Arena, Rec Plex, and Memorial Arena in Cranbrook, Enmax in Lethbridge, Saddledome, Centrium in Red deer, Medicine Hat arena, Swift Current's arena and Moose Jaw's arena. I'd have to say that Spokane's was my favorite, with Red deer's a close second. As for crowds, Medicine hat the loudest, Spokane's best overall atmosphere. Dislikes was Swift Currents.
    Other Rinks I've been too are Skyreach, or Rexall place in Edmonton, and what used to be called Marine Midland Arena in Buffalo.

Thunderbird107 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by In the crowd
    and what used to be called Marine Midland Arena in Buffalo.
    Now known as HSBC Arena.

To some extent you've all got me beaten... I have never been to a WHL game.

I've been to every current OHL arena though as well as every former OHL arena still standing, which by my count is 41 different buildings.

I've been to one QMJHL game, in Drummondville, and I've also been to QMJHL buildings in Halifax, Acadie-Bathurst, Gatineau and Quebec City.

I've also stood outside the Pacific Coliseum if that counts for anything.
    The OHL Arena & Travel Guide: Featuring some WHL content!
    http://www.ohlarenaguide.com