Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: congrats James Reimer

Icon32 congrats James Reimer

James Reimer and the South Carolina Stingrays won the ECHL Kelly Cup Championship on june 5th 4-2 over the Alaska Aces. Reimer played three years for the Red Deer Rebels applause.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    James Reimer and the South Carolina Stingrays won the ECHL Kelly Cup Championship on june 5th 4-2 over the Alaska Aces. Reimer played three years for the Red Deer Rebels applause.
    Maybe this will motivate the Leafs to trade Pogge now. Pogge has been awful in the games he has been called up to the Leafs for. I dont think Reimer played a whole lot in the AHL at all this year, mostly ECHL. Does anyone know if he was the started in South Carolina? Either way, this should definitely help Reimer! If he was the starter, one has to think Pogge will be pushed next year!

they split it half and half

Iconwhl

Thanks dubnut for all the work in getting those links. James played the way we all knew he could play !! Congratulations on the Cups!!
    applause

I've been a little surprised that the Rebels for whom James Reimer played for 3 years have made no mention of his accomplishments in the ECHL on their website. Would have thought it would reflect positively on a team that can use all the help they can get to be seen as a winning franchise. Reimer won the MVP of the Kelly Cup playoffs as a rookie straight from the major juniors and Red Deer Rebels specifically. But they haven't so much as mentioned their recent alumni. I checked back several times to see if there was an interview or info on him and so far nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by dubnut View Post
    I've been a little surprised that the Rebels for whom James Reimer played for 3 years have made no mention of his accomplishments in the ECHL on their website. Would have thought it would reflect positively on a team that can use all the help they can get to be seen as a winning franchise. Reimer won the MVP of the Kelly Cup playoffs as a rookie straight from the major juniors and Red Deer Rebels specifically. But they haven't so much as mentioned their recent alumni. I checked back several times to see if there was an interview or info on him and so far nothing.
    The Rebels never mention anything on their website unless its about Cam Ward. I agree with you completely! Another thing that bugged me about the Rebels site was a couple years ago when former Rebel B.J. Young was killed and there was nothing on their site at all! Its not an overly big deal but to some people it is, and I was surprised when they didn't have anything about him at all during that tragedy. The Rebels have had the best crop come out of their system within the past 8 years. Its literally an All-Star squad that they have graduated to the Pro's...support your ex players!

Until James Reimer won the ECHL championship, I had absolutely no idea what the trophy for that league was even called. I am sure there are plenty of former WHL players that win championships in Italy and Spain that aren't recognized by their teams either. Come on, are you really this hard up for something to complain about?

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    Until James Reimer won the ECHL championship, I had absolutely no idea what the trophy for that league was even called. I am sure there are plenty of former WHL players that win championships in Italy and Spain that aren't recognized by their teams either. Come on, are you really this hard up for something to complain about?
    You don't need to know the name of the trophy to understand that the ECHL is a stepping stone to the AHL and the NHL. The stepping stones do not transcend the Atlantic Ocean. When was the last time a player who went over to Italy or Spain was recalled by an NHL team? If a player is drafted or signed by an NHL team, he is often sent to the ECHL to develop and often has an AHL or NHL career after a stint in the 'E'. Players are not sent overseas to develop. Too bad these guys aren't recognized more because the money is good and the hockey is good and they often have an amazing experience...they just don't come back to play, they come back to retire.

Reimer's success in the ECHL as a rookie this year will most likely have a direct impact on where he will play next season and if what you read has any merit, then winning an ECHL championship and MVP as a rookie was a pretty big deal...atleast on other websites and newspapers...just not his old hockey club. (BTW ifyou win a championship in HongKong, you will still be playing hockey in HongKong next year.)

Glad to see that you are a Rebels fan and I hope there are many more like you in Red Deer. They will need all the support they can get to become a contending team again. Good luck to Jesse Wallin, if it's up to him, he'll get it done.

Iconcup

In reponse to the death of B.J Young, the Rebels had the moment of silence where it counted, in front of the thousands of fans whom remembered B.J.(R.I.P.) when he was a Rebel. And yes, the Rebels do the little things that count. Its not all about putting it on the website.