Thread: Hitmen Looking for a new head coach?

Default Hitmen Looking for a new head coach?

If the reports on TSN are true about the Flames hiring Brent Sutter as their new coach then I am going to guess that the report from the National Post will also be true. The NP is reporting that the Flames will hire Hitmen bench boss Dave Lowry as one of Sutter's assistants.

It's expected the Flames will announce their assistant coaching staff Monday as well, with former Quad City boss Ryan McGill, Calgary Hitmen boss Dave Lowry, the aforementioned Ron Sutter and goaltending coach Jamie McLennan very much in the mix. Nine-year video coach Rob Cookson, whose contract runs out July 1, was initially thought to be one of the casualties of the Keenan purge, but he could be retained, depending on Brent Sutter's say-so.
    Here is the entire story.

The obvious replacement would be Joel Otto. Really would there be another option?

I will say one thing for sure about Joel Otto...classy! Very respectful and polite guy. First impression is alot and he was a great guy when I met him

It is official now, Brent Sutter has added Dave Lowry to his coaching staff with the Calgary Flames. So the Hitmen are now looking for a new head coach (Joel Otto anyone?). Also, Lowry will NOT coach Canada's U17 team this summer.