Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2009-2010 Roster

Default 2009-2010 Roster

Figured I would take a stab at next years pre training roster so here goes.

1. Mappin (19) Ferraro (18) Green (20)
    2. Coetzee (19) Hopkins (16) Deagle (20)
    3. Redmond (17) Kambeitz (17) Pearson (17)
    4. Cowan (18) Siwak (16) Oursov (18)
    Neduzak (17)

1. Petrovic (17) 2. Morin (20)
    2. Weller (18) 4. Archer (19)
    5. Kot (19) 6. Barak (17)
    7. Deagle (17)

1. Kuemper (19) 2. Gorchynski (17)

Esposito (20) Gross (20) and Ferguson (19) Trades or released. Changes if Mckenzie chooses whl he goes onto Deagles spot on second line.
    Last edited by Red celtic; 07-13-2009 at 01:49 PM.

McKenzie's already committed to the NCAA route, so he isn't coming.
    FWHL: http://fwhlhockey.proboards.com/index.cgi?

WHL fantasy league! Looking for members!

follow me on twitter: @PADJJeff

Being committed to the NCAA doesn't mean he won't play in the dub several players have played in the league after making a NCAA commitment. A bigger question is where does Dallas want him to play. If they feel he will develope better in the Dub there is a good chance he will be here.

Well I'd like him to come much like anyone else who is a Rebels fan, but I'm also a realistic person and I don't see it happening.

Jamie Benn was on his way to the University of Alaska-Fairbanks a few years ago, when he was drafted in the 5th round by Dallas and subsequently showed up on the roster of a young, rebuilding Kelowna Rockets squad. Different team management in Dallas now, but you never know what might happen.

Your projected roster looks much like mine would, though I would swap Persson and Deagle. Also the Czech defenseman coming in is a 91 (which would make him 18). Looking at the roster, we have 6 90's (Mappin, Kuemper, Coetzee, Archer, Ferguson and Kot). I would imagine that they are going to want to reduce this number down to 4. Kot, like Ferguson didn't really show a lot of improvement over the last half of the season, and I think the pair of them won't be in the opening night roster. If this is the case, we could see Jordie Deagle moved in favor of another overage defenseman, or play defense ala Brennan Wray next season (and adding in a wildcard forward like Jesse Mireau).

To tell you the truth I happen to agree with you but I would say there is a 30-40% chance he will come to Red Deer. The reason I say this is the Dallas factor where do they want him to play.

Jamie Benn couldn't pass the SAT's to get into Alaska so the choice for him was easy.

Odd that an NCAA team would announce the signing of someone with such poor SAT scores. Your source?

Like I said, I'd like McKenzie to come. But I'm not the type of person who gets his hopes up in these sort of matters. McKenzie or no McKenzie I see see this team finishing top 3 in the Central next year.

10. Default 2009-2010 Roster - Don't Forget About Ness!

Don't be surprised if Tyson Ness from Grande Prairie makes the team as a 16 year old. Next to RNH and Siwak, he was probably their best forward at the prospects camp in June. Rebels are high on him and will give him every opportunity to make the team this year!