Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2009-2010 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Billy's Got A Gun! View Post
    Don't be surprised if Tyson Ness from Grande Prairie makes the team as a 16 year old. Next to RNH and Siwak, he was probably their best forward at the prospects camp in June. Rebels are high on him and will give him every opportunity to make the team this year!
    I had thought about him too, but it is hard to imagine them carrying 3 16 year old forwards. He will be given every opportunity to make the team, but he is really going to have to blow the doors off of everyone in camp. Also, there was rumors that Hamilton Steen wants to come back to NA and play Major Junior here. Anyone hear anything more about that?

Is Mappin going to be a 19 year old coming this season? I thought he was only 18 as this was his first year of NHL eligibility. Was he eligible last year or did he just not enter the draft?

Mappin is born in December, so he will turn 19 halfway through the season. He was too young for the NHL draft last year.

Default Mappin's age

Section N, although you are correct in your statement that Mappin turns 19 in December, I do not understand why you say he was too young for the draft that took place in June, 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by FreddieFender View Post
    Section N, although you are correct in your statement that Mappin turns 19 in December, I do not understand why you say he was too young for the draft that took place in June, 2009.
    It all depends on when his birthday falls on to be eligible for the draft. Just like John Tavares will be a 19 year old this year while just missing the draft eligibility last year by like a couple of weeks or something which could be the same case for Mappin.

Quote Originally Posted by FreddieFender View Post
    He was too young for the draft that took place last year (June, 2008). The year is 2009.

RDRebelsfan I bow to your hockey insight looks like Curtis McKenzie will not be coming to the Rebs anytime soon. Here is a piece I found on him.
    http://www.bclocalnews.com/sports/50053277.html

It helps to read certain blogs and talk to people who work within.
    FWHL: http://fwhlhockey.proboards.com/index.cgi?

WHL fantasy league! Looking for members!

follow me on twitter: @PADJJeff

Starting to get some Red Deer Rebel Hockey news read this in the Advocate this morning. For the most part the piece was about Alex Petrovic but it went on to talk about a number of kids including Curtis Mckenzie and our two Euros. Here is the link. http://www.albertalocalnews.com/redd..._52568442.html

For those of you hoping McKenzie comes, well maybe your spirits could be lifted a bit by this: (via Greg Drinnan's blog)

Jesse Wallin, Red Deer’s vice-president of hockey operations and head coach, indicates that the Rebels are still hoping to have F Curtis McKenzie on their roster in the upcoming season. McKenzie, 18, led the BCHL’s Penticton Vees in scoring last season, putting up 64 points in 53 games. However, he has committed to Miami of Ohio where he will play for the RedHawks. In fact, he is shown on the 2009-10 roster that is posted on their website. . . . A fifth-round selection by the Rebels in the 2006 bantam draft, McKenzie was taken by the Dallas Stars in the sixth round of the NHL’s 2009 draft. . . . “We’re still holding out hope that he’ll come and he hasn’t entirely ruled it out,” Wallin told Greg Meachem of the Red Deer Advocate. “We’re really hoping to get him here. I know he would be a great addition to our team. He’s built for this league and the style of play. Curtis has been drafted and it would be great to see him develop in our league before going on to play pro hockey. I think he’s well suited for our league and would probably be among our top six forwards.”
    FWHL: http://fwhlhockey.proboards.com/index.cgi?

WHL fantasy league! Looking for members!

follow me on twitter: @PADJJeff