Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2009-2010 Roster

It only cost the Giants $75,000. to bring Casey Piero Zabotel from the BCHL, but that was a few years ago. I wonder what the Rebels are willing to pay for McKenzie.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Fonzerelli View Post
    It only cost the Giants $75,000. to bring Casey Piero Zabotel from the BCHL, but that was a few years ago. I wonder what the Rebels are willing to pay for McKenzie.
    Was this the cost of a educational package? Or who do you have to pay off to get top level talent?

The only person paid off was CPZ. There was also a free lease car. It's done a lot for top end players and it's been that way for years. It's just capitalism applied to kid's sports. One extra playoff game in Vancouver is worth way more than that to Toigo, it's just too bad that the whole team couldn't share the profits from the Mem Cup runs. It does make it dificult for small market teams working on shoestring budgets.

I think there is still a slim chance that he may be here. That Interview that RC linked a while back could have taken place days after the draft for all we know, prior to talking to Brent/Jesse. If there is in fact some sort of a fee to get him here, I don't think Brent will have any problem paying it--he can't eliminate any chance to improve the roster this season, as it is important for them to have a winning record this year.