Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How Will We Do Next Year?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Trauma View Post
    WHL just announced it on their website today.
    Wow the Canes go on their BC trip starting in September, hopefully it helps build the team, and doesnt drag them down the standings too early!

Default what about the US Listed players ?

Has any one heard if Ben Paulidas, Dan Senkbeil, Tyler O.Donnell, Brandon Brossoit or Adam Reid are coming to camp ? I assume Brossoit but what about the other listed US players?

Default California Players

Adam Reid signed with the US National Development team.

Default YIKES and OUCH

From Small Thoughts at Large Blog.
    We have discussed how weak our D will be this year but our returning offense is brutal also:
    "One quick note out of Seattle's camp, where 19 year old forward Jeremy Boyer was a no-show for main camp check-in last night. Boyer has requested a trade. That's a blow for the Birds, since Boyer would have been their 2nd-highest returning scorer (21 goals & 56 points last year) and was probably going to be counted on heavily in the offence this year. With the loss of Boyer Seattle now has far fewer returning goals than any other team in the league with just 85 08-09 goals on the roster. The next-lowest team, Lethbridge, has 115. Offence has to be a concern for the Birds and the Canes."
    As I said somewhere on one of these blogs, a lot of guys are going to have to step it up big-time this coming year. Fyten, Bancks, Renners, Beach and Ashton have the potential to pot quite a few goals but we need more from everyone.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

BugsBunny Guest

Icon32

The key for the Hurricanes will be how Preston handles the weak defense. Having coached under Keenan and Sutter, it will likely be defense first. With a very young goaltending tandem and a questionable defense, the first order of business would likely to go after at least one overage defenseman and maybe two. Or an overage goaltender who can tutor the young goalies. Say maybe Torrie Jung? Trading the rights to Luca Sbisa to a definite contender would be a solid move, likely for a younger aggressive,mobile, big defenseman. The only potential surprise could be the new Finnish goaltender who comes in and plays like Juha. He is much bigger and plays a North American style. The Hurricanes under Preston will get better as the season goes on and might sneak into the playoffs just under the wire.

clrkthj Go Canes Go!

Lethbridge City of Complainers

Quote Originally Posted by grainbear View Post
    Has any one heard if Ben Paulidas, Dan Senkbeil, Tyler O.Donnell, Brandon Brossoit or Adam Reid are coming to camp ? I assume Brossoit but what about the other listed US players?
    Where do you find the Hurricanes PPL?
    Do you have a link or do you need to have an inside source like many of you claim to have?
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by BugsBunny View Post
    Or an overage goaltender who can tutor the young goalies. Say maybe Torrie Jung? Trading the rights to Luca Sbisa to a definite contender would be a solid move, likely for a younger aggressive,mobile, big defenseman. The only potential surprise could be the new Finnish goaltender who comes in and plays like Juha. He is much bigger and plays a North American style.
    I hope the new Finnish goalie comes in and really impresses, best case scenario.

Bringing in an overage goalie (like Jung- should have kept him when we had him) is starting to sound like it will be necessary because if the Canes are left with Tajdeh as the starting goalie, things could be scary...

Does anyone have any insight on how many goalies are going to be at camp this year?
    PeacefulChaos

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulChaos View Post
    Does anyone have any insight on how many goalies are going to be at camp this year?
    I know for sure that there will be Tadjdeh, Koppalnen (the new Finnish goalie), and Anderson but I don't know of any others.

BugsBunny Guest

Icon32

According to the roster for the training camp the goaltenders who are attending include:
    Michael Tadjdeh (91); Brandon Anderson (92);Ville Kolppanen (92); Alex Wakaluk (93) who attended camp last year; Tyler O'Donnell (93) from the LA Selects USA; and Tanner Kovacs (94); Wilson Sproule (94). Both 94's can't play in the Dub this year.

Early prediction: Anderson and Kolppanen will be the final two. (But what the heck do I know?)

clrkthj Go Canes Go

Lethbridge city of Complainers

Quote Originally Posted by BugsBunny View Post

Early prediction: Anderson and Kolppanen will be the final two. (But what the heck do I know?)

clrkthj Go Canes Go

Lethbridge city of Complainers
    I agree with you on your prediction, and I also think it's either both guys excel or else an overager will probably be brought in. Jung or Mathews??

Anyone else see the CTV news tonite...#6 said something like "the head games we had last yr from upstairs are gone so we can all focus simply on hockey"..."it's good to have a guy in who knows his hockey"

Bocephus, Thanks to Alan Caldwell, heres a list of the Canes prospects...

http://smallatlarge.blogspot.com/200...ethbridge.html

Note that it's NOT the full 50 PPL nor is it the guys who will be at camp....Bugs, where did you get the list for the training camp roster? Online anywhere?