Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: How Will We Do Next Year?

Default Ashton (hot dog)??

I know I may be ripped a bit for putting this on here but, Ashton to me looks like he needs to get in line with the "team" aspect of this team!!! It just seems like he feels he is the only one that can create ANY offensive opportunities and refuses to pass the puck... Dont get me wrong the kid has talent but just seems to fall into these funks where his head gets to swollen for his helmet??!!vc178 Maybe a game or two in the press box would help??
    In all reality (IMO) he should be Trade bait...vc124

vci34vci34

Send him to Brandon

All-Time Favorite.

Default no problemo................

Quote Originally Posted by dagley View Post
    Send him to Brandon
    ashton to brandon for............

stone ,melnychuk and ferland.......

there that sounds about right........................

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know I may be ripped a bit for putting this on here but, Ashton to me looks like he needs to get in line with the "team" aspect of this team!!! It just seems like he feels he is the only one that can create ANY offensive opportunities and refuses to pass the puck... Dont get me wrong the kid has talent but just seems to fall into these funks where his head gets to swollen for his helmet??!! Maybe a game or two in the press box would help??
    In all reality (IMO) he should be Trade bait...

i totally agree that ashton should be deal IF you can get the return you are looking for...portland is a team that has great numbers of young talent that would look good in a canes jersey to say the least and would help them in there push to stay on top................
    Last edited by shushu; 10-23-2009 at 11:45 PM.
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    i totally agree that ashton should be deal IF you can get the return you are looking for...portland is a team that has great numbers of young talent that would look good in a canes jersey to say the least and would help them in there push to stay on top................

He would be better in brandon b/c if they're hosting the mem. cup this year, they're gonna wanna stack their team so they can win it, and ashton looks like the man, plus we can get good young talent in return, other than keeping ash for this year then losing him next year to Tampa.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Good Gawd! You're clueless. If you could become a pro by standing behind the net as your forwards form a breakout then BW will be a hall of famer. The guy killed any momentum his team had whenever the puck stayed glued to his stick for what seemed like forever on the PP.
    I was the most disappointed fan in the Bridge when his half closed eyes returned to the Bridge for his 20 year old season.
    but...that was last season and this is this season.
    Wright certainly wasn't a superstar but he was a very good defensemen and without him as a 20 year old last season the team would have been lucky to have not finished last.

You admit in the post that you have a bias against him so I guess that explains your idiotic comments.

I look forward to your idiotic comments the rest of the season Moon. I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. Sometimes they get me riled up and other times like this they just make me chuckle a bit.
    Sorry that I want the team and franchise to be successful and am not going to give the guys running the organization a free pass just because they work for the Canes.

I guess its easier to ignore the issues and just post BS about how great the team is, but I think it is clear by the play on the ice and lack of fans in the seats that there are big issues with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    I think it is clear by the play on the ice and lack of fans in the seats that there are big issues with this team.
    Yes, it's called a lack of talent. This was caused by the failure of the past administration running the club. Why continue to blame the current hockey operations staff for that? Do you expect them to snap their fingers and the talent level suddenly becomes championship caliber?
    If you want to blame the BOD for the current situation then we will be having this same argument years from now as well because they aren't going anywhere. The BOD will be the one remaining constant as long as there is a junior team in our city. Like it or not that is the truth.
    I'm not about to rag on this summer's hirings because of the play and the record. There simply hasn't been enough time and anything done or not done that would warrant that yet.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Yes, it's called a lack of talent. This was caused by the failure of the past administration running the club. Why continue to blame the current hockey operations staff for that? Do you expect them to snap their fingers and the talent level suddenly becomes championship caliber?
    Who blamed the current hockey guys for the lack of talent on this team?

My only issue with them is that I don't think they have the skills to bring the team back from the lack of talent.

If you want to blame the BOD for the current situation then we will be having this same argument years from now as well because they aren't going anywhere. The BOD will be the one remaining constant as long as there is a junior team in our city. Like it or not that is the truth.
    I am not sure that "they aren't going anywhere so there's no point talking about how bad they are" is a very good way to handle the BOD.

Just because they aren't leaving doesn't mean that they have to be incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    My only issue with them is that I don't think they have the skills to bring the team back from the lack of talent.
    This is the point I disagree with you on. I believe they do. I think the hockey operations staff is very strong and has integrity.
    This doesn't mean that I don't think the board fails. I believe they fail in so many other aspects of running the organization.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Question Comment and question....

Unless we have a winning team the fans in this city will stay away in droves. They have always shown that ever since my family were season ticket holders. Just look back to last year's playoffs!

Since a BOD does not bring success to this franchise (except for two season s ago), would private ownership guarantee success?

Quote Originally Posted by ZAMBONI-PHONEY View Post
    Unless we have a winning team the fans in this city will stay away in droves. They have always shown that ever since my family were season ticket holders. Just look back to last year's playoffs!

Since a BOD does not bring success to this franchise (except for two season s ago), would private ownership guarantee success?

Nothing guarantees success. Prince George and Portland have private owners and look at the mess with those two teams. (Until this year Portland has been horrific in every way imaginable and P.G. still is.)
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.