Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any early predictions?

Iconwhl Any early predictions?

Anybody have any guesses as to how the Bengals will do this year? IMO, they will either finish high, or miss the playoffs completely. Any other predictions?

I was going to ask what the tigers lineup is going to look like this season, who is and isn't coming back and what the overage situation is at the moment?

Boltz9, as far as I know, our OA's list hasn't changed from the end of last season. I haven't heard if either Ennis or Kundratek will go pro or return. They, at the moment, could actually go either way, pro or return here. As far as the other OA's, Bretton Cameron, Colton Grant, Travis Dunstall, Mark Isherwood, and Ryan Holfeld are still on the team until otherwise stated. I have heard the team is making a strong pitch to lure Dylan Olsen here, altho I don't know how that is going. As well, we have a few promising youngsters hoping to crack the team: F Emerson Etem, D Dylan Busenius, and G Sam Brittain. Like I said, we'll either finish high, or miss the playoffs altogether. If for some reason Ennis and Kundratek return, we could challenge for the division......

Are Brittan and Etem coming to the WHL?

As far as I know, they are coming to camp. If they stick depends on how well they do, of course.

Default New players

Expect emerson Etem to make the team and also make an impact.
    Fiddler will also make the team as a 16, will not make as big an impact, but is a very good player.
    Reminds me of Linden Vey

Too early to tell. Lots of unknowns.

I don't expect Dylan Olsen to be here. He has told the MH News he plans to go to college. As a tiger fan we'd have to hope chicago tries to push him to the whl route. Or Desjardins changes Olsen's mind, but its highly unlikely.

It also sounds like Sam Brittain will not be joining the tigers next year. Apparently he has committed to the Canmore eagles, and his mother and father have bought seasons tickets there. - There was an article in the canmore newspaper 3 months ago.

I heard someone say earlier on a message board that Emerson Etem was coming but i don't know how he knew. I have heard lots of good things about this kid.

Kundratek - i keep hearing that the rangers system in hartford is short a D-man or two, but that kundratek may not fit into their plans for next season which is strange. Willie said in the paper he is not counting out him returning.

Overagers - Big decisions here. anything could happen. depends on who comes back and goaltender situation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Imagine the defense the tigers would have if Olsen decided to come over. Isherwood was back for his 20 yr old year, and kundratek came back.

The tigers could have one of the best Defenses in the league
    Isherwood Olsen
    Kundratek Coyle
    Konan Montgomery

Carr
    Carlson
    Busenius

But perhaps isherwood signs a contract and plays in the AHL. Kundratek does not come back, and Olsen does not report. Then suddenly the defense looks pretty average if that. Lots of variables
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Agreed Tiger Trauma. With Ish, Olsen, and Kundratek out, the d looks a lot smaller as well as a lot less skill. I'm really hoping that Carr and Carlson can really step it up this season, and also hoping that Konan, Montgomery, and Busenius can fill in for the guys who might be leaving. Does anyone know if Tyler Ennis has a chance to return? And if so, how likely is it?

Players Not Returning
    9 Brennan Bosch C R 5'8 168
    27 Matt McCue D L 6'5 218
    17 Sean Ringrose C R 5'9 175
    Ineligible to return, to old.

Players Likely To Move On
    22 Tyler Ennis C L 5'9 164 Reason: Too good for whl, 1st round nhl pick.
    25 Thomas Kundratek D R 6' 2 192 Reason: Signed Contract
    Note:Willie D has mentioned that it is still possible for Kundratek to come back for another year
    Ennis hasn't signed an NHL contract yet.

Players Likely To stay, but have a chance of Moving on
    24 Mark Isherwood D R 6'0 179
    Unsigned but Talented enough to move on if an NHL team shows interest.

Overagers
    12 Colton Grant LW L 5'9 180
    20 Travis Dunstall LW L 5'10 180
    24 Mark Isherwood D R 6'0 179
    31 Ryan Holfeld G L 5'11 166
    25 Tomas Kundratek D R 6' 2 192
    28 Bretton Cameron RW R 5'11 173
    22 Tyler Ennis C L 5'9 164

Expected Back
    10 Josh Koper RW R 5'8 163
    11 Zdenek Okal LW L 5'9 162
    14 John Stampohar RW R 6'4 208
    15 Linden Vey RW R 5'11 179
    16 Joey Frazer RW R 5'6 162
    19 Tristan King C R 6'0 183
    21 Taylor Gal LW L 5'11 176
    36 Wacey Hamilton C L 5'11 173

Defense
    2 Bo Montgomery D R 6'5 201
    4 Jace Coyle D R 6'0 188
    5 Thomas Carr D R 6'0 187
    6 Matthew Konan D R 6'2 179
    7 Cody Carlson D R 5'10 182

Goalies
    30 Tyler Bunz 6'0 185 Feb. 11, 1992

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Note: This is a raw list of previously listed and drafted players, which have been taken from Alan Caldwell's blog.
    http://smallatlarge.blogspot.com/200...icine-hat.html
    It is probable that some of the players have been dropped or added.

Incoming Players Fighting For a spot (Didn't list the 15yr olds recently picked in the WHL Draft)
    Dylan Bredo
    Corey Chorneyko
    Sean Collins
    Jayce Douskey
    Todd Fiddler
    Michael Forsyth
    Brad Gustafson
    Brayden Jaw
    Andrew Johnston
    Kale Kessy
    Boston Leier
    Kajon McKay
    Scott McKay
    Devon McMullen
    Colin Mospanchuk
    Victor Newell
    Trent Ouellette
    Reid Petryk
    Bradley Robinson
    Jesse Ursic
    Curtis Valk
    Vahe Zakaryan
    Triston Etem
    Dylan Busenius
    Sam Dezman

Previously Listed Players. Reports indicate they are not coming to Camp. However nothing is 100% certain
    Colin Wilson NCAA 20 yr old
    Tyler Pitlick NCAA
    Drew Olson NCAA
    Dylan Olsen NCAA
    Andrew MacWilliam NCAA
    Joey LaLaeggia has NCAA intentions
    Sam Brittain - Uncertain but read a newspaper article that said he planned to play for the Canmore Eagles (AJHL Jr A)
    Wade Bergman NCAA
    Last edited by Tiger Trauma; 08-11-2009 at 11:01 AM.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Hey TT, out of the incoming players list, do you know how many are goalies? I'd hope we have some G depth besides Brittain, Bunz, and an OA Holfeld......