Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any early predictions?

Brad Gustafson 16 Yrs (Yukon) - They had an article in the News about him last year. He will be at training camp but not expected to join/make the team until at least next year. I believe the tigers listed him after their goaltending coach spotted him at one of his goaltending clinics or something like that.

Dawson Macauley - 2nd rounder this year only 15 years old

I remember hearing on the radio last year that they had another guy they were high on other than Sam Brittain, but It could have been the the kid from the Yukon. I cant remember.

SO they do have a couple young players in the wings after this year.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Thanks Tiger Trauma. Do you think the team will keep Holfy as an OA? Or, do you think they'll bring in a younger guy to share duties or backup?

Quote Originally Posted by tigsfan0809 View Post
    Thanks Tiger Trauma. Do you think the team will keep Holfy as an OA? Or, do you think they'll bring in a younger guy to share duties or backup?
    That is a really good question. I'm 60-40 towards thinking that the tigers will keep Holfeld.

Desjardins in the past has went with the experienced guy. I think the tigers would first need to find a really strong player to be a backup before they think of trading away Holfeld.

I think they'll see how things play out during training camp. It should be a competitive training camp as nothing is really set in stone.
    Last edited by Tiger Trauma; 08-11-2009 at 09:17 PM.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS

Don't get me wrong, I've seen Holf stand on his head and be brilliant in net, and I've also seen him get chased easily, too. If he plays like he did before Christmas break last season, we'll be good. If he plays like he did after the break, I'm guessing Willie might look elsewhere......JMO, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Trauma View Post
    I think the tigers would first need to find a really strong player to be a backup before they think of trading away Holfeld.
    I worded that a little weird. But i think people probably got the drift of it.
    I meant to say the tigers would have to find a strong player to backup Tyler Bunz before they think of trading Holfeld away.

But so many things factor into this like.

What if an unexpected overager comes back?
    Will tyler Bunz be able to handle a Number 1 role?
    Does HOlfeld come out and play very good hockey making it impossible to get rid of him?
    Do the tigers get another goalie at camp who shows promise to be a good goaltender
    Does the play of the other overagers make it so Holfeld is expendable.
    Can a potential backup to tyler bunz be at least somewhat reliable?

SO its hard to judge on what will eventually happen. Thats why i think they'll wait and see how it all plays out
    Last edited by Tiger Trauma; 08-12-2009 at 03:38 PM.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS

Agreed. It's kinda nice this season to have to decide on who stays and goes for OA's, instead of having to pick somebody up at the deadline.

i suspect desjardins will go with a little more veteran lineup this year if possible. with him being the coach of the world junior team he is going to be splitting a lot of time between mh and stoon and might want to have as much veteran leadership as he can, so clouston doesn't have to do as much hand holding with the youngsters.

Iconwhl Any early predictions?

Does anyone know how Emerson Etem, Dylan Busenius, and newcomer Kyle Birch have done in camp? Does anyone expect these guys to stick around when the final roster is announced?

Emerson has 2g 2g in 2 preseason games.

Its just pre-season but 4 pts in 2 games aint bad.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS

Iconwhl Any early predictions?

Thanks TT. Has anyone heard any more regarding the goalie situation, if any goalie has outplayed the others so far?