Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade Rowat??

Default Trade Rowat??

In an exhibition game this afternoon, Rowat let in 3 goals in 8 shots. Its appears his days as a Pat are coming to an end. Unless, for some unforeseen reason he stays.

Should we keep him? When should the Pats trade him? What should we get back in return?

IMO... trade him ASAP, we don't need a big distraction like the whole Bosch fiasco last year. A defenseman would be ideal, maybe a legit tough guy (we haven't had one in years). How about Boyer from Seattle? he's availible but for what cost.

Any thoughts???

They got Pickard, don't need Rowat.

It looks like its going to be difficult even if we move Rowat...and its going to be a harder one to fix. Its a good problem in a way. We got one of the better veteran goaltenders in the league, two of the best 17 year old goaltenders in western canada(Both had the top numbers in their respective AAA leagues)...oh and Ketlo who is fine too. If this isnt handled quickly and correctly though, it can hurt the goalie development.

Looks like a real pickle to me. Rowats the best and most experienced at the moment but he has got to at least be on the trading block right now...since it could be time to give someone else a chance. Rowat would fetch decent value and hopefully if he is moved he can be used/be apart of a package to bring in a veteran puck mover.

I havnt watched yet but it seems like Guhle and Tendler are even/very close, and if Rosie goes then Ketlo would be the only experienced guy on the roster and for a team that wants to actually do something this year, one of the rooks wont be on the roster. Tendler has been pegged as the next goalie for a year now, while Guhle just committed and gave up NCAA eligibility to play. Neither will like getting cut at all. Suppose either one of the two could be traded but we probably wont get much for them since they are unproven kids, especially with Guhle since it seems like you wouldnt get much for list players unless they are proven.

I find myself disagreeing with many of the final decisions made by the pats staff more and more often, so I wouldnt be surprised to see Ketlo as the top guy and probably Tendler gets the 2 spot regardless since the pats like keeping their draft picks to make it look like they got good scouting (see Favreau last year). But if I were choosing, Id be tempted to keep Rowat again since hes the best guy right now. I would trade Ketlo for a pick/whatever, and keep Tendler and Guhle going into the season and let them battle for the #2 spot through whoever does better in games like the blades did with Krahn and Morrison.

Trade the other one if we can get something good for them or keep their rights and let them play in junior A or something.

How bout Rowat, Eberle, Teubert for Hayes, Stone, Melnychuk and a 1st rounder?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonite View Post
    How bout Rowat, Eberle, Teubert for Hayes, Stone, Melnychuk and a 1st rounder?
    neither team does this

Im just going to assume you were making a joke.

I would say for those two(Eberle and Teubert) together(plus a throw in probably) would require 2 firsts, 1 top prospect and 1 good prospect, a roster player and probably a throw in not necessarily of much value to replace one of the other players departing.

Thats assuming there is a trade at all. The pats still got to play before we trade off assets.

Both these players went to the world juniors, are established stars in the league and are both pretty valuable acquititions, especially Eberle, who I would say has similar value as someone like Setoguchi. He could be arguably the best player in the league this year, and I would say he has been in the top 10 for the last two years. If he played the whole season in Brandon, I think 60 goals would be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    Im just going to assume you were making a joke.

I would say for those two(Eberle and Teubert) together(plus a throw in probably) would require 2 firsts, 1 top prospect and 1 good prospect, a roster player and probably a throw in not necessarily of much value to replace one of the other players departing.

Thats assuming there is a trade at all. The pats still got to play before we trade off assets.

Both these players are pretty valuable acquititions, especially Eberle, who I would say has similar value as someone like Setoguchi. He could be arguably the best player in the league this year, and I would say he has been in the top 10 for the last two years. If he played the whole season in Brandon, I think 60 goals would be possible.
    That trade is maybe possible at the trade deadline if Regina collapses and calls itself out of contention.. but it'd probably look like

Rowat, Teubert, Eberle - safe to trade them now, neither will play as a 20
    for
    a rostered 17 or 18 year old forward, a d prospect, and probably a 2010 first, 2011 second

Quote Originally Posted by Allin44 View Post
    That trade is maybe possible at the trade deadline if Regina collapses and calls itself out of contention.. but it'd probably look like

Rowat, Teubert, Eberle - safe to trade them now, neither will play as a 20
    for
    a rostered 17 or 18 year old forward, a d prospect, and probably a 2010 first, 2011 second
    60 Goals is totally possible, seeing how he would play with Schenn

Are Eberle and Teubert going to play in the dub this season?
    For the trade to happen, Parker has to face up to the reality that the Pats need to rebuild, thus willing to take some young players and picks in return. We have to realize that we are renting 2 players for 1 season and will have 1 or 2 bad seasons afterwards (mind you, the Giants dont seem to have this problem!!)......
    Can you ever see these 2 franchises working together like this though? I can't, not with the bad feelings they have for each other...
    Eberle and Teubert would give us exactly what we need though.....
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Pats arent planning on rebuilding. They may not be built to contend this year but for a team that has made it past the first round once in the last decade, a contending season is a must. For someone like me who hasnt seen the second round before(missed 2007), Im getting impatient.

the only way the pats trade their stars is if we are looking really bad at the deadline and they wont come cheap...otherwise they will tough it out and try and win a playoff series.

And yes, they both look like they are playing in junior this year. Odds are pretty slim that they make their NHL teams.