Thread: Kyle Birch

Iconwhl Kyle Birch

Does anyone know if he is still with the team, or has he left? Just curious, as this will leave us with Bretton Cameron, Colton Grant, Ryan Holfeld, and Mark Isherwood as our current overagers. I had heard that Birch was brought in to share duties with Bunz and make Holf expendable........Just rumours I suppose. Go Tigers!!!

Well as weak as Ryan Holfeld is, Kyle Birch isn't exactly Kevin Nastiuk. I guess sorta same thing Brandon is doing with Dalyn Flette pushing Andrew Hayes. I wouldnt expect big numbers from Birch though same as I wont be expecting much out of Flette

He is gone. Birch was given an invite and a chance to make the team. He was gonna have to IMPRESS to take away a roster spot from a veteran. Here are his stats through the 3 preseason games
    34/39, 10/11 13/17= 57/67 .850 save %. with predominantly rookie rosters.

Just ask What if Tyler Bunz lost his confidence or was in a slump? and the unexperienced birch couldn't quite get the deal done? You'd have trouble.

Their is no sense keeping a 19 yr old Goalie around if he didn't impress in preseason.

Their is still the possibility of trades down the road. But having 2 quality goaltenders is never a bad thing

bunz 23/27, 29/30 13/14 20/22 =.914
    holfeld= 26/27 26/30=.912
    Last edited by Tiger Trauma; 09-16-2009 at 08:18 PM. Reason: mah speeling
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Iconwhl Kyle Birch

Thanks for the stat line Tiger Trauma. I didn't realize Birch's stats were that shaky. After seeing the 2 preseason games, I feel more comfortable with Bunz and Holf for now....Unless a deal is in the works?