Thread: Tomas Kundratek returns....

Iconwhl Tomas Kundratek returns....

With this news, does anyone have any ideas as to where this leaves our OA situation, seeing as he takes up 2 roster spots?

Default jmr

Yes it takes up two spots but we only have one euro so he would take up the other euro spot and he would do that if he were only 18, however he does add to the o/a problem. I am of the understanding that the other drafted euro is not coming so the euro spot is now taken, unless a trade for a euro could be in the works.

Iconwhl Tomas Kundratek

According to a few reports, Kundratek is being sent to Hartford (AHL) due to rumblings he would return to the Czech Republic if he was to be sent back to the Tigers. Sucks he isn't returning after all, but it helps Willie's OA situation out a bit.

Good thing the tigers still have a few weeks to decide. Although holding out doesn't help things.
    I'm guessing Kundratek probably wants to earn some money, rather than a dislike for the hat.

If he did fly home you wonder if he would even be able to play since he has signed a contract. The czech republic did sign a transfer agreement with the N.H.L . But I think the czech's don't like the deal anymore.
    Last edited by Tiger Trauma; 09-20-2009 at 01:58 PM.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Iconwhl Tomas Kundratek

According to the Hartford roster, they have reassigned Kundratek back to the Hat yet again. Whether or not he actually does come back remains to be seen, altho a player of his calibre would be welcome on the team. If he does return, hopefully he won't be too disappointed about not making the jump yet and will be able to be a positive addition........Once again, if true, Willie's OA situation becomes rather clouded, due to the teams good start.

It looks like he is back. whl site lists kundratek as signed on the transaction page.

Isherwood Coyle
    Kundratek Konan
    Carr Carlson

McKay
    Businius
    Sohn

thats one helluva blueline, just imagine if dylan olsen came over. Konan and Carr look like they upped their game a couple notches over last season Carr especially. I hope it continues.
    As for the overager situation.............Should I try to guess what will happen?

If it was me I'd probably see how kundratek fits in first, and if he impresses I'd look for another goalie, and make the unfortunate decision of trading/releasing Holfeld. But they still have half a month to decide. I feel for the players in this situation though, its tough on them.

Kootenay, Kelowna I think are the only teams under the 3 overager Cap.
    Last edited by Tiger Trauma; 09-28-2009 at 11:15 PM.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/