Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sbisa - will he be back?

Quote Originally Posted by localguy View Post
    Mestery coughs up the puck on a regular basis, can't play the body, doesn't play the puck either. What is he doing that helps? The opposition skates around him like he's not even there. I have watched every game he has played here, and there has been no improvement. .
    Agree 101%. Mestery will be out of competative hockey soon enough. He only got to where is because of that over used term.....potential. If he were 5'10" and did not look so smooth skating, he would be long gone already. Give me a 16 year old who at least puts in the effort to get better.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Mestery can play d and is not a detriment to the team at all.

""""""""""You can not be serious.""""""""""" (To quote John McEnroe)

Quote Originally Posted by scrawny69 View Post
    To sum up the first game from my standpoint it is going to be a long few weeks...heres hoping Preston makes a trade or two to shore up our D as any time you face 45-50 shots the odds are against you.....I never thought I could bring myself to say this but heres hoping Yadlowski gets back from camp soon!!haha

vci34
    As I stated here earlier, Preston can't panic and over react. I will say though that a couple of quality Dmen are needed. If this goes on for a few more weeks these kids may be so shell shocked the team never recovers this year. Getting you a$$ kicked game after game after game becomes a bad habit.

Scary thought that Yads and Mysery are our best hope on D. Last year Dyck was afraid to put them on the ice in the playoffs and now they are to be our top two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Festerling was assigned to the AHL so one less competitor for Sbisa to beat out.
    I said it before, and I may be wrong but Luca will play in the Dub this year. Where? My guess is Brandon for one of their 2 young euro's. He may not even lace em up at all for the Canes.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsBunny View Post
    aren't that many around the league. There are only three teams that have 4 overage players that include 2 defensemen. They are Prince George, Spokane and Swift Current. Those would be the likely places to look. As for overage goaltenders, there are only three teams with 4 overages with a goaltender being one of 3 goaltenders listed by the team. Those teams are Medicine Hat, Portland and Prince Albert. Once again the pickings are slim. There are only two teams that do not have at least 3 overages and they are Kootenay (2)and Lethbridge (1).

As for Luca coming back, that pipedream should be left alone. Don't bank on money you don't have!

This will be a development year. No doubt about it! Come the trading deadline, players like Bancks, Ashton and Beech will become strong commodities.

clrkthj Go Canes Go!
    I think the goalie situation is lees of an issue than the D. The young finn looked real good in the Hat, and will be real good with a little more experience.
    As for teams with over agers, they mentioned in the Tigers brodcast that they have 5 over agers, and Calgary could potentially have 4. The true 20 yr old situation will not be known until all junior players are returned form camp. Hopefully there are a couple d-men made available, that are worth aquiring.
    vc124

Default Hold tight, for a while

Right now we have a team that is simply under achieving. To totally throw in the towel after only two games is down right stupid to say the least. Okay now we have Yads back and are still waiting for Beach and Ashton. Until Rich knows if one, both or none are coming back, why throw the baby out with the bath water? Once we know what we have, then we will know what we really need. While points this time of year are just as important as points in March, we cannot mortgage the future without some good intel. We need to know if Kyle and Carter A. are coming back. Once we know that, then we can go outside to see what can help. I really doubt that we will make the playoffs this year, but by March, we will have something to build on. Rich, Matt, Rich and Robison will make sure of that. Right now you all can do your best by supporting the team by filling the rink. Yes every night. That will only make the cup run in a couple of years even sweeter. The boys deserve your support. The coaching staff needs your support. Let's all make lots of noise when the team finally gets home. I will come down for opening weekend and hope that by then they have gelled more as a team. Hey Bugs, give me a call. I think you have the number. I will even pick up the collect charges. I will pick this up tomorrow. I actually get a few days off! vc178

[QUOTE=Bare Bear;139269]Right now we have a team that is simply under achieving. To totally throw in the towel after only two games is down right stupid to say the least. :skeptical

Not trying to say we should give up on the season yet but, as stated earlier in this thread we have known that the D would be weak since training camp...Yadlowski will not be the answer to help us avoid 50-60 shots on net per game...These young goalies can not be expected to handle this many shots on net...As to Kyle and Carter returning returning from pro camp neither are known for their Great Defensive play... Trades must be made soon to shore up our D or we are in for a long season.vci34

BugsBunny Guest

Icon32 Hey Bare Bear......you said

Hey Bugs, give me a call. I think you have the number. I will even pick up the collect charges. I will pick this up tomorrow. I actually get a few days off!

Well if you think you know who I am, then call me.

The general feeling is that this young club will be better by the latter Hope of the season. The number one concern is the very young and inexperienced defensive corps led (oops wrong term) by Mestery. If someone could get inside his head and find out what is going on and straighten it out, then they would have a good d-man. But that is not going to happen. When overage picture is settled throughout the league then Preston can deal.

As far as Luca is concerned, if for some reason he is sent back to the Dub, it would be the perfect opportunity for Preston to deal him as his value to a contender would be high. Like HURRICANES ROCK SAYS....to Brandon.

Hope the home opener will be filled and the building loud!

clrkthj Go Canes Go!

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    I said it before, and I may be wrong but Luca will play in the Dub this year. Where? My guess is Brandon for one of their 2 young euro's. He may not even lace em up at all for the Canes.
    I would agree he would be a wonderful addition to our team because we could use another defencemen. But I don't see us getting rid of either of our 2 euros, unless Urbom doesn't come back.

Default LUCA

Well Luca scored the OT winner for the Ducks this Friday against the coyotes, maybe he'll end up making a bigger impression than expected....
    PeacefulChaos