Thread: Game 1 vs Moose Jaw

Default Game 1 vs Moose Jaw

No love here for the boys, or is everybody waiting for the copy & paste king?

Not a great game but still a win. We are pretty young at D and I'm still not sold on Clarke. Couldn't ask for a better start but need a better finish, but it definatly a work in progress.

Congrats to Mark Lamb on winning his Bronco debut. He did a few small things on the bench which I thought were things that needed to be done. When Wudrick took the bad Int penalty, after he got out of the box Lowry took his next shift. He also waits to see who the opposition is putting out before he sends out his next line.

Default a few thoughts on Friday's game

A very fast paced game.
    Not a lot of penalties.

The Bronc's expended a lot of energy and I think they ran out of gas at the end. Lack of experience and conditioning, maybe?

I thought the young kids looked pretty good.

Clark made some really good stops early which helped.

The coach looked like a coach. He talked to the players on the bench and matched lines well. Could be an up and down year but I think it will be entertaining.

Thought the game was fun to watch for the most part. Liked our forecheck/energy a lot. With that said the defensive zone trend from the preseason surfaced at the end of the game.
    Couple of personell decisions interested me though. Not dressing Hewitt doesn't look good for his future (being surpased by a few rookies on the depth chart?). No suprise that Scarlett gets a regular shift, just don't know if Hewitt has a place in the starting 6.
    Also carring three goalies. To me it means that there is no clear cut winner between Ketting and Sirard. Or that the team isn't fully confident in Clark (who i thought was ok, but really seems to flop around the crease a lot, which gets him out of position.)

With reference to the three goalies still in camp...either they aren't confident in Clarke being the number 1 yet or they are trying to make a deal of some sort. Having a 19, and two 18 year old goaltenders with a 16 year old waiting in the wings makes for a possibility of trading a young tender in a deal of some sort. I think for the most part we still need to deal with one more dman, one goalie and one forward....when Tassone is able to return, we then have to deal with the 4 twenty year olds. Possible moves to acquire a euro...or two?

I think we may deal a twenty, a prospect for Thomas Vincour
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

I've always thought Vincour would be a great pickup as well but I also thought Edmonton has 3 twenty year olds so why would they acquire another? Vincour is only 19 I do believe.