Thread: Langkow traded for 2 draft picks to Everett.

Exclamation Langkow traded for 2 draft picks to Everett.

Press Release from Blades website:
    http://www.saskatoonblades.com/News/Blades_News/695/

The Saskatoon Blades have traded Chris Langkow to the Everett Silvertips for a 6th round Bantam Draft pick in 2010 and a 3rd round Bantam Draft pick in 2011.

Langkow, a 20-year-old forward, was eighth in scoring for the Blades last season with 15 goals and 34 assists for 49 points in 70 games played and added 52 penalty minutes. In 7 postseason games, the native of Vegreville, Alberta had 2 goals and 3 assists for points to go along with 2 penalty minutes. So far this season the 6’1, 190-pound Langkow has played in one game, going pointless with 2 penalty minutes.

Langkow was previously acquired by the Blades from the Spokane Chiefs along with forward Burke Gallimore and a conditional 3rd Bantam Draft pick in 2009 for forward Justin McCrae on January 7th, 2008. The Chiefs originally selected him in the 5th round (96th overall) in the 2004 WHL Bantam Draft.

“Chris was part of one of the bigger trades we have made when we acquired him from Spokane. In his time here he has been an important member of our hockey club,” commented Blades General Manager and Head Coach Lorne Molleken. “I personally want to wish him all the best in his future and in his time with Everett.”

The Blades are next in action on Wednesday against the Regina Pats at the Brandt Centre in Regina. On Friday, the Blades opened the 2009-10 regular season with a convincing 5-1 victory over the Pats.

The next home game is next Friday, September 25th, when the Blades clash with the Edmonton Oil Kings at Credit Union Centre. Puck drop is 7:05 pm. Tickets are available online at ticketmaster.ca, by calling 938-7800, or by visiting any Ticketmaster location.
    I think the situation is cleared up now OA's: Hulak,Kytnar,and Wintoneak
    Imports: Niemi & Kytnar.

Ok so this trade probably means that Kytnar is staying with the Blades and that Gustafsson is gone. Which is what I was kind of hoping would happen and no I did not want to see any player leave because they are all good hockey players but it is just part of hockey when you are in a situation and you need to get down to a certain number of players you are forced to do that. Molleken is doing what is best for the Saskatoon Blades. I hope that Langkow finds success with the Silvertips.

What are everyone else's thoughts?
    Last edited by GBG BLEED BLUE; 09-22-2009 at 12:28 PM.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

if it's gustaffson dealt, and with the langkow trade that looks likely, i hope they can get an import pick. niemi and kytnar won't be back next season, so saskatoon will have two spots to fill.

Everett must've wanted Langkow badly which is surprising, seeing the number of overagers that have tried out for the Tips this year. My guess is, other teams were also interested in him which may have forced the Tips to give up more then he's worth, a 6th and a 3rd round pick for a guy thats a third line guy (no offense to Langkow) is pretty good for the Blades. Langkow should do well in Everett.

Quote Originally Posted by wango tango View Post
    if it's gustaffson dealt, and with the langkow trade that looks likely, i hope they can get an import pick. niemi and kytnar won't be back next season, so saskatoon will have two spots to fill.
    The Import draft is such a crapshoot, is having 2 picks in the 1st round of it really that important? I would much rather have another bantam draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Everett must've wanted Langkow badly which is surprising, seeing the number of overagers that have tried out for the Tips this year. My guess is, other teams were also interested in him which may have forced the Tips to give up more then he's worth, a 6th and a 3rd round pick for a guy thats a third line guy (no offense to Langkow) is pretty good for the Blades. Langkow should do well in Everett.
    Yup, that seemed like quite a high price to pay by Everett
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I hope Swift Current at least tries to trade for Gustaffsson as Swift Current does not have any euro's in their roster.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGeorge View Post
    I hope Swift Current at least tries to trade for Gustaffsson as Swift Current does not have any euro's in their roster.
    I do not really know what the Blades would want in a trade for Gustafsson. I think the Blades are the only team with a excess amount of Europeans now we will see what happens. Is the deadline the same as the overage deadline october 13th?

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

Default Well I'm going to bet we'll know...

as early as tomorrow and as late as the weekend, Molleken said he's going to try and do something quick, he obviously got rid of Langkow pretty quick so I'd expect Gustafsson to be gone in the next couple of days.

So there 20 year olds are taken care of with the likes of Wintoneak/Kytnar/Hulak. Now the next move would be to move an euro. Kytnar was one of the year olds but with the move of Langkow, it appears that Kytnar will remain on this years roster making either Niemi or Gustaffson as the odd euro out. Can't go wrong with either of them. I hope Swift Current attempts to acquire one of them. Harder to make moves within division but here is for hoping.

Default Niemi is staying to...

It's pretty much confirmed in today's paper, Gustafsson is being shopped around.