Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disallowed Kootenay goal

mccabe23 Guest

Default Disallowed Kootenay goal

Ok, I am against the majority here but I thought that goal should have counted. We can all agree the puck came out across the blueline but it hit Mosienko and came back into the Kelowna zone. Doesn't that nullify the offside? I could be wrong. What do you guys say?

Anyway, awesome game by Kelowna! They really brought their 'A' game tonight. It was a fun game to watch. Wow, Weber is sure after Dawes. Nigel is lucky he ducked that one in the first or he would have been 10 rows up in the crowd!

Good to see Delourme, McLeod, Gelech and Gorges in attendance tonight. It looked like they were having a great time! Go Rockets!!!

Default The correct call was made

The ice players could have played the puck but they have to clear the zone first. As soon as an Ice player touched it, it should have been blown offside. If the puck comes out the zone it dosent matter who puts it back in you have to clear the zone before you can touch it. If your team dumps it back in before the players clear the zone then you have to let them clear the zone before you can touch it.

Default Sorry i was wrong

Here is the actual rule form the WHL Site

(d) If a player legally carries or passes the puck back into his own defensive zone while a player of the opposing Team is in such defensive zone, the off-side shall be ignored and play permitted to continue. (No slow whistle.)

(NOTE) If a puck clearly deflects off a defensive player in the neutral zone back into the defensive zone, all attacking players are eligible to play the puck.

The goal should have counted.

mccabe23 Guest

I copied this from the WHL rule book....

(d) If a player legally carries or passes the puck back into his own defensive zone while a player of the opposing Team is in such defensive zone, the off-side shall be ignored and play permitted to continue. (No slow whistle.)

(NOTE) If a puck clearly deflects off a defensive player in the neutral zone back into the defensive zone, all attacking players are eligible to play the puck.

I'm really curious about this and not trying to stir the pot. It was just a really weird play.

mccabe23 Guest

LOL we posted at the same time! I hate that!

Anyway, yeah, it should have counted.

I noticed Yeomans yelling it was kicked in anyway so who knows. I have to watch the highlites...

Iconwhl heres my view

Mcabe23, thanks for being against the majority on that goal as it was totaly legit. the play continued for at least 5 seconds in the zone before the goal.
    The lines man had no intention of calling anything, as they were following the play in deeper. Then Kelownas whole entire line including the goalie were all over the refs. After they scored it was obvious it was a goal. Squig im pretty sure you're wrong on that one. that would totaly defeat the point of waiving off the icing calls.
    It would have been a totaly different game had it been 3-2 with the ICE going on the power play. The Rockets did outplay us tonight though we had several strong moments throughout. But the shot clock is totaly out to lunch, the radio guy and everyone in Cranbrook listening can tell you that. That only hurts Yeomans averages but the crowd loves it im sure. The ICE will be out a lot stronger tommorow as they know how its done, They have been around the block and know what they have to do. Im sure they are confident in the fact that they can pull through. Lots of hockey to be played yet with these two teams, AND......
    I BELEIVE!!! GO ICE GO!!!
    Cranbrook's own, Kootenay ICE 1998 to 2012, 2011 WHL CHAMPIONS!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

Iconwhl happened again!

you guys had already posted when I finished mine and posted it. lol
    I BELEIVE!!! GO ICE GO!!!
    Cranbrook's own, Kootenay ICE 1998 to 2012, 2011 WHL CHAMPIONS!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

mccabe23 Guest

I'll say this though....This is Great Hockey! Both teams play hard and the real winners are the fans. Go Rockets and Go Ice!! Awesome hockey boys!

C.F Guest

I didn't see it so I can't judge, but it doesn't look like it would have made a difference.

I saw the first period, and man was that great hockey. End to end action, and a beautiful set-up for the goal.

Default So how do we rate Smith again

There are only two Series left - Is this guy really one of the top guys in the league? I heard Kevin Acheson on the Shaw broadcast that the refs earn points all year and are rewarded by getting games in the playoffs. He said if you get called for a game in the third round you've earned it.IMO he is horrible. Easily one of the worst - he changes his mind constantly - He is easily influenced by coaches and has more phantom calls than anyone. Ya i know its been going on all year but we have had this guy in every series - lets hope this is the last time we see him this year.

Go Rockets Go!!