Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Preseason 2014

Default Preseason 2014

The Raiders announced today that they have graduated "3 goalies, 12 defensemen, 17 forwards" from main camp to the pre-season.

No list of players was released.

-Wapitikev

Total guess (except for goalies) at the roster for pre-season based on who is signed.

Goal
    McBride
    Parenteau
    Scott

Defense (no 15yos)
    Morrissey
    Andrlik
    Ghule
    Warner
    Lange
    Stewart
    Coghlan
    Verrall
    Riddle
    Roach
    Paivarenta
    Thompson

Forwards
    Hart
    Brooks
    Conroy
    Quinney
    Gardiner
    Gennarro
    Vanstone
    Tkatch
    Leverton
    Zaharichuk
    Stewart
    Stransky
    Williamson
    Coleman
    Kelly
    Montgomery

...and 1 of Ryback or Josh Maser.

Ryback is not signed. Maser is signed.

Anticipating the official list!

-Wapitikev

Pruden...not Ryback or Maser.

-Wapitikev

Vs Lethbridge:

Defense:
    Guhle-Coghlan
    Riddle-Roach
    Pav-Verrall

Forwards:
    Kelly Coleman pruden
    Gennaro Gardiner Stransky
    Stewart Vanstne Quinney
    Zaharichuk Montgomery Willismson

Goal:
    Parenteau
    McBride

I'm not sure if anyone is better than him right now. As a 19-yr old he should be dominating this lineup of rookies & wannabes. We need all able bodies on D while guys are away at pro camps.
    Last edited by puckdad; 08-30-2014 at 03:35 PM.

I don't know , out of the 6 that are playing now I would put guhle , riddle and roach as better players already . Then we still have Lange , warriner , stewy . Very disappointed with Verrall and PAv tho . On the bright side , Williamson , stransky , gennero , and Stewart .
    Last edited by Sttop; 08-29-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Guhle is playing like he's never played a game in the league before. Must be in double digits in turnovers.

"The Raiders went with a young lineup dressing 12 rookies. Only 23 players made the trip as veterans Sawyer Lange, Josh Morrissey, Hunter Warner, Tomas Andrlik, MacKenze Stewart, Calder Brooks, Jayden Hart, Dakota Conroy and Jordan Tkatch didn't make the trip and 19-year-old forward Craig Leverton was a healthy scratch." ( Taken from Drew Wilson on PAnow )

So i'm assuming Leverton plays today with probably Gardiner sitting in the stands.

Well i'll try not to read into the 12-3 blow out loss to Calgary because it is only pre season. It sounds like the 15 year olds Ian Scott, Cody Thompson and Parker Kelly made their way home after the game and Bruno mentioned another defenceman would be joining them but did not say a name as of yet.

I guess this weekend was just a look at the young guys battling for a roster spot but i'm still confused as to why are 20 year olds have yet to get "game" ready only practicing this year (except for Sawyer). Be a good week of practice and looking forward to watching the pre season game next friday in PA.

I would think the other dman going home is Verrall . I'm not sure why they wouldn't just cut down to 9 now tho .... Josh , sawyer , anderlik, warriner , stewy , guhle , riddle and roach