Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 900 CKBI's "Faceoff"

thanks for asking steve young my question on tonights show. as far as bringing people to the games I think really think its going to start by making the playoffs and improving from there lots of ppl are sick of losing and its mostly just the die hard hockey fans going to games. will this show be on every monday?

Quote Originally Posted by WestLEAFfan View Post
    Raider fans have historically been an impatient lot. Winning the Mem Cup three years after joining the dub has set the bar very high, perhaps too high. As far as missing links...I'm not sure, but little gimmicks aren't the answer. A big name signing would sure help, but that's easier said than done. Unfortunately, I think the Raider's time in PA is limited.
    I think we have that in mark mcneill and danyluk and winther coming in next year are going to be solid players its just can we hold on a little longer

Show is on every Monday from 7-8pm. Was on last year every Monday. Just putting word out more and hoping to get more input. Phone us, email us, or post questions on here if you're too shy. The show is there to talk about the week before, week ahead and Bruno is available for the fans to get their questions and comments in.

Next week Bruno, as far as I know, will be back in the studio with Drew. And I'll be there for the whole show too.

Quote Originally Posted by westbeach55 View Post
    I think we have that in mark mcneill and danyluk and winther coming in next year are going to be solid players its just can we hold on a little longer
    Problem is, those players you mentioned will take a year or two to become "big names". Do the Raiders have that long? Or will they be traded away or walk away in the mean time?
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

I believe part of the reason for poor attendance is do to poor marketing. I do realize its tough without a star player or a playoff club. But there are other ways to draw in fans. I'm listening to the radio today and there already advertising for Fridays game against Saskatoon. Tonight we play Regina and one of the best players in junior hockey in the World in coming to town tonight and ive heard one little release about. Jordan Eberle is a household name after the World Juniors why can't we hype other teams stars coming to town to bring in fans. Maybe after they watch these stars they will realize that the raiders are icing a fairly exciting team this season. Also can't we hype a player on our roster into a star player like Ryan Harrison or Ryan Button. Instead of Bruno or a coach to answer questions from the fans why not let a different player answer questions from the fans aand post it on their website. Give the fans and opportunity to connect with the players. Might help put people in the seats.

ask him when he is going to stop playing mind games with the players and if they are no his type of player why he doesnt move them for the good of the player and organization.

why flette over edwards ?

do we have a gameplan tommrow night to shut down eberle tommorow night???? I also think we need to get someone to put the puck in the net. At what point is a good effort or working hard everynight not enough and some changes need to be made (not saying coaching change)

After returning from the US road trip with a losing record, and the typical hockey fan's "what have you done for me lately" attitude, do you expect much of a crowd tomorrow night vs the PATS?
    Last edited by WestLEAFfan; 10-19-2009 at 07:18 PM.
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

with your contract up after this year do you feel added pressure to produce a winner and halt the development of some younger players.

Also if the team is so broke why not take some of the young players you have and develop them into NHL draft picks and thus get NHL development dollars flowing into the coffers