Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 900 CKBI's "Faceoff"

Was there any talk about Svendson's injury last Saturday night?
    Last edited by TinCupJoe; 09-27-2010 at 07:58 PM.
    He Shoots..He Scores!

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan15 View Post
    I notice that there are no post about the raidio show tonight. Is this because A) no one is interested enough to listen
    B) everyone is bored with Drew and Bruno tap dancing around questions
    C) everyone is sick of the generic responses to questions answered

I think its great that Bruno takes the time to do a raidio show. I dont like however how they stopped using the whlfans site for questions, and I also have been bored with the show lately because as soon as a question comes up that they dont feel comfortable answering they ridicule the person asking the question. Last week a guy and not only 1 person asked if they couldnt get more for Mackenzie. 1 person asked why he couldnt put mackenzie together with a 3rd for a decent forward.... And Drew and Bruno laughed like it was out of the question. Are you telling me that no teams would be looking at dealing a good 19 year old player for a 3rd and a good 6'3 prospect that can skate and play physical. Someone remind me what the Raiders paid for Kozak. To me they dont talk about anything on the show that is news. Everything said we all can guess what Bruno will say before he answers.
    i think answer "A" is a direct result of answers "B" and "C"

i also agree with everything you said. thats why i said drew should stop drinking brunos kool aid
    Last edited by Dwight Schrute; 10-05-2010 at 12:17 AM.

Iconcup

I notice that there are no post about the raidio show tonight. Is this because A) no one is interested enough to listen

I think its great that Bruno takes the time to do a raidio show. I dont like however how they stopped using the whlfans site for questions, and I also have been bored with the show lately because as soon as a question comes up that they dont feel comfortable answering they ridicule the person asking the question. Last week a guy and not only 1 person asked if they couldnt get more for Mackenzie. 1 person asked why he couldnt put mackenzie together with a 3rd for a decent forward.... And Drew and Bruno laughed like it was out of the question. Are you telling me that no teams would be looking at dealing a good 19 year old player for a 3rd and a good 6'3 prospect that can skate and play physical. Someone remind me what the Raiders paid for Kozak. To me they dont talk about anything on the show that is news. Everything said we all can guess what Bruno will say before he answers.
    It is a little staged .... actually a lot staged. But I am guessing that Bruno and Drew don't want to get into a lot of controversial stuff that might be distracting for the team. Ridiculing the questions or questionnaire is not cool, but Bruno wouldn't be the first coach to dodge questions. But no worries ... winning will buy him lots of slack, and of course losing just the opposite.

Hey Raiderfan15,

If you recall, I was doing that last year, especially with my involvement with the show and being a part of Rawlco Radio. Sadly, that is no longer the case and I've also re located to Saskatoon. My availability to listen/recap the Monday night show has been limited so far, but if/once I'm able to do that, I will be. I know that Drew frequently looks on to here and we always were last year, but the best way is still the faceoff email address or to call into the show.

And as far as the show being staged. I assure you that its not. Is there a format to the show, absolutely, but the show is based on Drew and Bruno's interaction in the studio and via fan email/call in. And just because you ask a particular question or have a particular query, doesn't mean you'll get an answer you like, or any answer at all. (I dont want to start a big thing here, just stating the facts)

I missed the talk show tonight, what's up/down, good or bad, or was there even a broadcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Green team View Post
    I missed the talk show tonight, what's up/down, good or bad, or was there even a broadcast?
    I hardly doubt anyone listens to that anymore, or at least if it is even worth listening to anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by chalk_one_up View Post
    I hardly doubt anyone listens to that anymore, or at least if it is even worth listening to anymore.
    i listened to a bit when i made supper. bruno is basicly saying its a 5 year plan and if they replaced him it would mean the raiders would be celler dwellers for another 5 years. its actually a hilarious show if you can read between the lines, and know hockey.

i stepped out to take out the garbage when a "george" called in i missed the question but it was obviously offending to bruno and his 2 lapdogs.

why is kovich on the show ? i am curious what qualifies him as a knowledgeable person in hockey. he can put down and slam all the posters on here but what makes his opinion matter any more then ours and enough to be heard on the radio ?
    Last edited by Dwight Schrute; 11-16-2010 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
    i listened to a bit when i made supper. bruno is basicly saying its a 5 year plan and if they replaced him it would mean the raiders would be celler dwellers for another 5 years. its actually a hilarious show if you can read between the lines, and know hockey.

i stepped out to take out the garbage when a "george" called in i missed the question but it was obviously offending to bruno and his 2 lapdogs.

why is kovich on the show ? i am curious what qualifies him as a knowledgeable person in hockey. he can put down and slam all the posters on here but what makes his opinion matter any more then ours and enough to be heard on the radio ?
    If they're getting rattled over what some fans say on a message board, he has bigger, more deeper issues. They all need to learn to take criticism and not be so sookie.

Quote Originally Posted by chalk_one_up View Post
    If they're getting rattled over what some fans say on a message board, he has bigger, more deeper issues. They all need to learn to take criticism and not be so sookie.
    well they try to make it sound like we are all know nothings and we cant comprehend the massive intelligence they have. im sorry but why would people wanna pay money to support campese.

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
    well they try to make it sound like we are all know nothings and we cant comprehend the massive intelligence they have. im sorry but why would people wanna pay money to support campese.
    Bruno should coach what he's really good at: ARROGANCE
    Every year is a new 5 year plan. How are we better than we were at the end of the 07 season when he took over? Check out teams like Portland who were as bad or worse back then and see where they are today. We're in the 4th year, its crystal clear that we are not progressing, time to pull the chute. BTW, it doesn't take 5 seasons to turn a WHL franchise around.
    Last edited by Raider Believer; 11-18-2010 at 09:01 AM.