If the last 2 games proven anything it's that this team can't just show up and expect to win every night. They are going to have to work for it which is something they had trouble with at times last year too. I think winning easily against Tri-City last weekend went to the players' heads a little bit as they got the favor repaid down in Tri tonight. Both Tri-City and Portland are very good teams and they are going to be there at the top for the rest of the season, it's up to Spokane to decide if they want to be up there with them. They won't be if they keep playing like they did this weekend.

There's been some disturbing trends so far this season that haven't been going away. The penalty issue still seems to be a problem. The Chiefs are taking way too many penalties. In addition, the Chiefs have allowed the first goal in all 5 games so far this season, all of which have come in the first 7 minutes of the game. Playing from behind with the offense the Chiefs has is not going to get it done. While getting Beach was a nice pickup for the offense, I'm still not sure if it's enough. The Chiefs still really only have one line that scores consistently. I almost wonder if the Chiefs are going to need to pick up another forward if they want to be real contenders this year, but I think that's something that can be addressed down the road if needed.

I've only seen one game in person so far this year, but I've listened to every game and I think it's time to give Martin some more time in goal. I'm not sure what's been up with Reid this year, but he sounds like he's been half the goalie that he was last season. I still think he's going to get things turned around, but I also think he needs some sort of wake up call. He's just not getting it done so far this year.

Frustrating 2 games this weekend, but it's only 2. 67 more to go. Anyone else have any thoughts on the season so far?