Thread: Beach scores 2 in win

Default Beach scores 2 in win

I've gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised by Kyle tonight. You could tell he wants to make a good impression on Spokane and he was very jittery to start the game. I don't think the puck is going to roll off his stick on too many breakaways this year. Overall he had a solid game and even suckered a Tri guy (Macek I think) into a penalty in the 3rd. His second goal was a beauty, made it happen by himself, hopefully that one will be posted on youtube. I'm still not sold on the guy yet, but I'll be changing my tune if he keeps up this type of play the rest of the season.

If the Russian kid doesn't show (any new info Ams fans?) I wonder if we'll see Martyniuk in goal the next time Spokane plays Tri-City. He seems to fare much better against the Chiefs than Owsley.

I'm also curious to see why Cratsenberg received a match penalty late in the third. When they announced it, they didn't say what it was for and I can't figure it out for the life of me. The WHL scoresheet says it was an attempt to injure penalty. I didn't see it. Any clarification on that would be appreciated.

Overall the Chiefs played a good game tonight and if they play like that the entire season, they'll be contenders for sure. But it's still early and there's a lot of season left. The defense is still solid, even without Reddington and Kichton made a nice poke check on Hughesman to stop a good scoring chance with the Chiefs already down 1-0. Both goalies traded weak looking screened goals, other than that I really couldn't fault either goalie for any of the goals given up. It was a fun game to watch though and I'm looking forward to this year's version of the team. Spokane gets their first shot at the new and improved Winterhawks team next weekend, it should be a good one!

I think Crats hit Schmidt with his own (Schmidts) helmet. Weather it was on purpose or not I don't know. And I was very impressed with KB . Like you said , If he continues to bring that kind of game to the ice he'll make a huge impact here. Hopfuly he keeps it up.

You're right, I watched the youtube clip of the fight and he definitely took a swing at Schmidt with his own helmet. I couldn't see that from my vantage point at the game last night. He'll be sitting for a few games and deservedly so. I'd like to see Betz get one more chance to crack the lineup with TC out.

Wahl / Koper / Beach ... looked pretty good last night ... guy has some filthy (in a good way) puck handling ability ... koper should had an assist if gal could have finished the 2 on 1 break ... Cowen not 100% ... Johnson just blended in as it seemed that Koper had the best jump on the ice, also thought Kuhn was flying around pretty good ... man Beach wanted to bust his stick when the puck fell off the stick on his breakaway (ha ha) ... I think he scores 100pts for us this year ... he's still a jackass based on his body of work, but very talented and hopeully more mature with the ability to grow up and sign a big deal at the end of the year.

Looks like TC only got one game. I figured he'd get more than that and I think he deserves more than that. But the WHL seems to follow the NHL standard in that they hand out suspensions based on consequences (injuries) rather than actions. With no injury to Schmidt, TC only got 1 for the match penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by LifelongChiefsFan View Post
    Looks like TC only got one game. I figured he'd get more than that and I think he deserves more than that. But the WHL seems to follow the NHL standard in that they hand out suspensions based on consequences (injuries) rather than actions. With no injury to Schmidt, TC only got 1 for the match penalty.
    Do you have a link to the video? Or can you tell me where to view it please? I seen the incident 1st hand but would like to view the replay.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefaholic View Post
    Do you have a link to the video? Or can you tell me where to view it please? I seen the incident 1st hand but would like to view the replay.

Not the highest quality vid, but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfUP9y9SB04

Quote Originally Posted by LifelongChiefsFan View Post
    Not the highest quality vid, but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfUP9y9SB04
    Thank you. That was a pretty decent view of the helmet incident. He definately tried to take his head off with it. Although I'm not sure why scmidt didn't get an instigator. He started punching Crats before he even new they were fighting. Some Tri fans claimed that T.C. Had cross checked Schmidt in the face , but it really looks like a clean hit with a follow through to me.Looks like Crats got a little frusterated there. there's no excuse for trying to hit someone with their own helmet though. But I bet this won't be the last time we see something like this with the new fighting rules in place.