Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Randy McNaught

Default Randy McNaught

6 fights in 9 games with you guys. So what's your take on him......just a goon, or decent player who loves to fight, or important part of your team, good skater?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

He is just a goon, no other role in hockey he has the talent for.

based on what i saw from mcnaught vs the broncos last night he did exactly what he is counted on to do for the blades. he played a regular shift, is a good skater, and between he and dziurzynski they picked up the blades intensity by hitting and handily beating their fighting opponents in the third period.

there isn't room anymore on a whl roster for a player who can't take a regular shift. mcnaught can take a regular shift, the guys play inches bigger when he's in the lineup, and other teams don't take liberties against the hulaks, boyers, and elliotts.

He doesn't seem to be hurting the team, think the 5 game suspension was a bit harsh seeing how another player from another team got a boarding major in a game and only got one game suspension. If he's not hurting the team then I have no problems having him here.

The only thing that scares me still bout the trade, Crooks is 17 and doing well in Chilliwack. Hopefully the Blades won't run out of young snipers any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    think the 5 game suspension was a bit harsh seeing how another player from another team got a boarding major in a game and only got one game suspension.
    McNaught delivered a huge elbow from behind to the head of a helpless defenseman. I consider the intent of McNaught's actions to be ten times worse than what an OHL player just got suspended for the season for. I would have given McNaught 15-20 for that hit easily.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    McNaught delivered a huge elbow from behind to the head of a helpless defenseman. I consider the intent of McNaught's actions to be ten times worse than what an OHL player just got suspended for the season for. I would have given McNaught 15-20 for that hit easily.
    I agree 100%.
    Always Remembered

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    Absolutely agree. He deserved more than 5 games for sure.

i'd say mcnaught did exactly what he set out to do. if fans and the team are thinking about getting physically handled instead of the final result, mission accomplished.

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports...165/story.html

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan15 View Post
    hes just lucky the kid didnt get seriously hurt
    Yeah he is lucky and If Evans did get seriously hurt then I agree with Section ND give him 15-20 games.

I agree McNaught has done well.... He is doing his job,it would be nice to see him contribute offensively too.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23