Thread: Who should be kept as 20 yr olds?

Default Who should be kept as 20 yr olds?

They had 5 20 yr olds until the traded Del Cowan today.

That leaves them with 4 although Thiessen is still injured.

So we have Thiessen, Halliday, Jackson, Rogers.

Personally, I think Rogers is the odd man out but I am probably wrong. I like Thiessen and Halliday as they provide some toughness and leadership to a young group of D-men and Jackson can play forward or defense. I haven't seen or heard too much about Rogers so its hard to make an accurate decision on him.

Default Rodgers

I would be surprised if it is Rodgers, he was player of the month as voted by the fans and is one of Clark's favourites...as well he can pk, pp and has been solid if unspectacular. As much as Thiessen would help in the experience department he would just be taking minutes away from one of the younger defenceman..not a good thing when rebuilding.
    My bet is it will be Theissen who goes...unless the team trades Jackson for some forward help right now. As bad as the defense has been on the whole it has been a lack of contribution from the forwards in the d end that has led to a bucket load of goals against.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher View Post
    I would be surprised if it is Rodgers, he was player of the month as voted by the fans and is one of Clark's favourites...as well he can pk, pp and has been solid if unspectacular. As much as Thiessen would help in the experience department he would just be taking minutes away from one of the younger defenceman..not a good thing when rebuilding.
    My bet is it will be Theissen who goes...unless the team trades Jackson for some forward help right now. As bad as the defense has been on the whole it has been a lack of contribution from the forwards in the d end that has led to a bucket load of goals against.
    See, I thought it might be Thiessen too but they knew the overage situation they would be in when the acquired him again. I doubt they would have brought him in only to get rid of him a month later.

4. Default

Halliday is the odd man out for me!

From the game that PG played in Regina Jackson was by far your best player (outside of your goalie) i was very surprised with how much Jackson has improved since the Pats traded him to PG at the start of last season.

Jackson i could see him being moved as he prob has the most value out of any of your 20 yr olds. He could be a great offensive Dman for any contending team. As much as i hate the Blades Jackson i think would be a great fit on a team with alot of offense already.

Well Halliday is the odd man out which was really surprising to me but not much I can do about it. The Rockets got a good tough guy and I hope he does well in Kelowna.