Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumors

Hopefully Geordie can play to his potetial with a change of scenery. good luck Geordie.
    This sounds like a very good deal for us. We get a player getting over a point per game AND a prospect, for a player thats underachieving. I'm assuming Novotny will play Wednesday? Good trade Mark.
    Always Remembered

Quote Originally Posted by speedyfan3 View Post
    We lose Wudrick and gain a import that may only be here this year and a prospect. Most Europeans don't play as a 20 year unless they are an above average player. Geordie is likely to be in Kelowna two years. IMO the deal is good all things considered. I agree with 2, 5 and agame, I think Geordie will do well in another centre and I wish him well. with nearly 60 points last year I wouldn't call it a bad year, just bad bouts during the year. He has the potential to be great and I hope he finds it. these are just kids playing hockey and as fans I often think we expect/hope too much from them.
    Expect too much? Nope. Just expect him to put in the effort that his teamates put in game after game. Not just when he feels like it. If you think his effort was up to par then you are not watching closely enough. Good riddance.

Won't take long for Kelowna to realize they got a lazy, gentle giant. Why would some suggest this will come back to bite us?!? If two N.H.L. coaches can't get this kid motivated then why would the Rockets be a career saver? Won't miss biting my tongue about this guys lack of determination, physical play, and falling down after every hit. Standing around and waiting for others to make things happen doesn't fly in my books! I pay money to watch players play their hardest and he has been wasting my money for too long! See you in December and hopefully someone puts you through the boards for sluffing off out there for way too long as a Bronco! Maybe Eakin is loved around here because he comes to play EVERY shift, too bad Geordie couldn't have taken a page out of that book!punk rock

You can add me to the list of those that think Woody will play well in Kelowna. I think his play as of late has been pretty good, but he is caught in a situation where if he makes the smallest mistake here it would get magnified by our fans. So a change in scenery should take some of that weight off of his shoulders.

As for Stepan, i have heard Rocket fans say the same thing about him as we have said about Wudrick. So we will see how he fares here. However i think he will be making history, Stepan will be wearing number 44 which is the first time (i think) that number has been worn in Swift (I think it is the highest in history off the top of my head too).

My thought isn't so much about the trade itself because it turns out that the players involved both needed a change in scenery. The fact that Wudrick could and probably will be playing this year as well as next year in the dub looks well for the Rockets but not necessarily the same can be said about Navotny as he will be a 20 year old Euro next year. The fact that we have just the one Euro but possibly 4 twenty year olds next season (Dowling, Navotny, Brown, Clark)could make things interesting...we could also add in their the Finish Goalie we acquired in the euro draft that stayed in europe but may be eligable next year. Could anyone speak to any of this? The fact that Wudrick would probably return next year in the dub and Navotny maybe not so much makes me a little curious is all.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGeorge View Post
    My thought isn't so much about the trade itself because it turns out that the players involved both needed a change in scenery. The fact that Wudrick could and probably will be playing this year as well as next year in the dub looks well for the Rockets but not necessarily the same can be said about Navotny as he will be a 20 year old Euro next year. The fact that we have just the one Euro but possibly 4 twenty year olds next season (Dowling, Navotny, Brown, Clark)could make things interesting...we could also add in their the Finish Goalie we acquired in the euro draft that stayed in europe but may be eligable next year. Could anyone speak to any of this? The fact that Wudrick would probably return next year in the dub and Navotny maybe not so much makes me a little curious is all.
    I thought that Ortio would likely be hear next year. But that is what i understood in the past, and things can change in the future.

I don't see why having four 20's next year is a big deal. Why can't Navotny be here as a twenty? The situation is no different than this year, or last year. My opinon is both players (Wudrick and Novotny) can be in the league again next year, no question Wudrick will be back at Kelowna next year, there is no doubt. And yes, maybe the fans of Kelowna say the same thing of Navotny that I say about Wudrick but look at the point difference, that should tell the story itself. Looking forward to tomorrow night.

we need a blockbuster trade, like Doyle plus 2 picks for Eberle. That would have me smiling!!!!
    A SEASON OF CHANGE

Default trucker -- check your numbers

The only reason we have four twenty year olds on the roster is Tassone is injured.
    Once he comes back we must move one.

In my opinion probably Tassone.
    Last edited by CHtoo; 11-17-2009 at 09:58 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by Topshelf View Post
    we need a blockbuster trade, like Doyle plus 2 picks for Eberle. That would have me smiling!!!!
    NO!!! That would be one of the worst trades Lamb could make; lose our No. 1 defenceman and 2 picks for Eberle? Our forwards are the strongest part of our team, why would we need him? Doyle might be moving on (I hope not), but if he does I have a feeling he'll go to a team that feels like it can make a run for the championship. And in return I'd expect Lamb to try and get a good prospect for the blueline.
    Last edited by Goonarsk; 11-17-2009 at 10:09 PM. Reason: more thoughts