Thread: Sbisa........

Iconwhl Sbisa........

What is this guy really worth in a trade???

Yes he has 47 games of experience in the NHL but the big downfall to his trade value i believe is
    1) he is euro (dont really get a big return no matter who u r)
    2) he is a rent a player ONLY

combine those 2 together Lethbridge will be happy with whatever they get for him. I dont think a 1st round Bantam pick is what he is worth at the most for a pick i believe is a 2nd round pick & a mid level prospect along with a euro going back to Lethbridge which really isnt that much considering the Bantam draft is a crap shoot at best & more teams dont really have a top euro.

Sbisa will be a hot commonity come trade deadline but i honestly feel his return wont be as huge as some think it will be.

being a euro doesn mean anything. he would be gone next year even if he was canadian.

Having NHL games under his belt definitely brings his value up, and he might be the best defenceman in the league this year. Rent player or not, I dont see him being cheap at all. Maybe worth a first, roster defenceman, and a good prospect...depending on how many teams are interested. For some reason I can picture him going to Vancouver.

oh me saying him being a euro didnt have anything to do with him not being here next year its just how it is due to his age no matter where he was from.

& yes i can see him going to 1 of the big market teams

I would love to see him go to the Americans. They are a bonafide #1 Defenceman away from being the best team in the league. They play their systems very well, and have are gifted with skill throughout their line-up. Also this might be a make up deal for having to take the Mystery back.