Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dean the Dud?

Quote Originally Posted by metalrules View Post
    I have to agree with all the previous post by you guys, and maybe gals i don't know, but keep the course moose. You will get better, all us bottom dwellers say that, but in both our cases I think in 2 years we will both be competitive, and on the bright side you won't Parker, or Stasiuk to ruin your team
    I like the team we have now and in a year or two I think good things will happen. However, I appear to be the minority in town. I support the team win or lose and I love taking my daughter to games so unless she doesn't want to go anymore (highly unlikely) I will continue to attend as many as I can. I just wish people could get past their problems with the owners and get the butts in the seats to support the kids on the ice giving it their all.

Very strong rumours indicate that Marek Viednesky may be coming to Saskatoon him or Tomas Vincour from Edmonton seeing the Blades still have room for 1 more Euro now what would you guys be expecting from the Blades back in return for Viednesky ?

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Very strong rumours indicate that Marek Viednesky may be coming to Saskatoon him or Tomas Vincour from Edmonton seeing the Blades still have room for 1 more Euro now what would you guys be expecting from the Blades back in return for Viednesky ?
    My funny answer would be Stefan Elliot.

But in all seriousness I have no idea what to expect in return. I don't follow other teams enough to know what type of players there are and what we could expect to get in a trade. I like Marek as a player and it would be nice to see him do well whether he stays with the Cougars or gets traded elsewhere. Right now he is pretty much the only valuable trade asset we have as I don't see them trading away Connolly. Who knows what will happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by the flying moose View Post
    I don't know whats going on with this team but it needs to change.

The building is lucky to get 800-1000 fans a game and if you ask people why they don't come and they say they don't want to give money to the owner who isn't doing all he can to ice a winning team.

They did replace 99% of the scouting staff for this season so its going to take some time to see how that works out. Maybe we will actually have players show up when they are drafted.

Personally, I'd like to see the team sold to a group of former players like they did in Kamloops and they then can get the right people in place.

What I don't understand about the cougars is the local talent that they have avoided drafting in the past, the talent that slips away. Besides the obvious with Connolly, there have been some solid players gone to other organizations. Case in point, Brandon Manning. That's just one that comes to the top of my head, as there are many others. I'm sure these kids would love to play for the hometown team. I'm not saying to draft all local but you cannot be doing a good job scouting when other teams are plucking gems right out of your own back yard. Any thoughts on this?......

Default That has been a problem in the past

Hopefully with some new blood in scouting this will improve. I understand that they missed on Ryan Howse as he was gone in the draft before the Cougars pick.

They have missed a few that were undrated free agents though. You mentioned Brandon Manning, Dylan Willick of the Blazers is another. How does the hometown team miss out on these guys...

Default Dean Loses Fifty Plus

dean the dud.

first to fifty losses. five oh. plus one more.

time for coogs to dump dismal dud for a decent dude.

preferably one who's in touch with the game & players.
    "It's clobberin' time..."