Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dean the Dud?

Default Dean the Dud?

numbers don't lie.

4-21 and 10 Pts in 27 games.

awful, just awful & the laughing stock of the dub.

when will the coaching hasbeen be sent packing?
    "It's clobberin' time..."

Default Maybe u should be looking at the GM...

ownership and etc. It's not always the coaching. If Dallas Thompson was the GM of another team, he wouldn't have lasted this long but thanks to his father in law he gets to keep his job and seems to have immunity.

I will say this, give your team 2 years. If you can keep the core of young guys happy and not wanting out of there, you will be a team to reckon with. With Forsberg in the back end, and Hirshce, Makin, and Connoley up front, you guys just might turn some heads. Hey at least you don't have a couple NHL 1st rounders in your line up and are in last place...

I don't know whats going on with this team but it needs to change.

The building is lucky to get 800-1000 fans a game and if you ask people why they don't come and they say they don't want to give money to the owner who isn't doing all he can to ice a winning team.

They did replace 99% of the scouting staff for this season so its going to take some time to see how that works out. Maybe we will actually have players show up when they are drafted.

Personally, I'd like to see the team sold to a group of former players like they did in Kamloops and they then can get the right people in place.

Quote Originally Posted by metalrules View Post
    I will say this, give your team 2 years. If you can keep the core of young guys happy and not wanting out of there, you will be a team to reckon with. With Forsberg in the back end, and Hirshce, Makin, and Connoley up front, you guys just might turn some heads. Hey at least you don't have a couple NHL 1st rounders in your line up and are in last place...
    I'd bet Connelly will be gone after this season or next. What ever team drafts him isn't going to want him sitting in some basement dwelling team where he isn't going to progress as a player.

WOW hold up PG fans..... u guys are in full swing rebuilding mode mainly due to 1 trade a couple years ago go get setoguchi from saskatoon. Getting those top flight players via trade is all fine and dandy when the deal is made but 2 years down the road look at what PG has now.... Elliot would look great in a PG uniform this year. The price was very high to get Seto and now PG is suffering from this.

Its not coaching nor is it the GM. Its just what u have as a team righ tnow due to 1 trade 2 yrs ago now (or 3 whatever it was lol) It hurts your line up for years to come.

When the Pats hosted the Memorial Cup in 2001 we gave up all of our future Shawn Belle, Ryan Keller & Paul Brown (all who have played in at least the AHL) the Pats were brutal for 3 seasons after cuz they had to restock there draft picks. If your put those 3 players on the Pats team without hosting the Memorial Cup the Pats would of been 1 of the top teams in the league along with Harding between the pipes.

Its junior hockey part of how it goes hang in there PG fans things will turn around it just wont be this year.

Default I have to agree with Patsdude...

Hang in there. Support your team. One of the biggest things that will keep talent from wanting to be there is knowing that the community doesn't care if they are there or not.

Players like Hirsche and Makin are going to be powerhouses for Prince George. I say give it two years. If your GM and new scouts do their job, you should be looking at a vastly improved and contending team.

Trust me, I know of what I speak. I am a Hurricanes fan

The fans already barely support the team because of the owners. With announced attendance of 1100 and change and no more than 800 people actually in the stands. There are literally 5 complete sections empty some game nights.

My family and I go as much as we can and there have been two times already this season we have had people complain to the ushers that "we are cheering too loud".

Things could be worse,you could have Brent Parker as your GM!!!!!

I have to agree with all the previous post by you guys, and maybe gals i don't know, but keep the course moose. You will get better, all us bottom dwellers say that, but in both our cases I think in 2 years we will both be competitive, and on the bright side you won't Parker, or Stasiuk to ruin your team