Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: blades trade talk

Default blades trade talk

i know the team has struggled, they're still 6-3-1 in their last 10. stuggling used to mean 1-8-1. so a little perspective.

right now the work ethic has suffered, the team is not skating, and when you don't skate and work hard it usually shows up in more penalties, and giving up more goals.

one goal in regulation against red deer, one goal in regulation against medicine hat, two goals in regulation against brandon.

the team has to get out of their funk. and a deal should be made to add more scoring, it was the blades achilles heal last season, and it is starting to look like it again this year.

who's out there?

ashton and sbisa in lethbridge?

shattock and wiebe in kamloops?

st. denis in kelowna?

vincour and raedeke in edmonton?

over the holidays will the blades be losing a few players like niemi (maybe sbisa :P) to the WJ's
    siemans and thrower to the under 17 who do you see being called up or brought in ?

niemi's hurt. he might not play in the world junior tourney.

siemens and thrower will play for team pacific at the under 17's.

benson for team west at the under 17's.

blades have enough depth at forward to cover for benson without callups.

on defense kiziuk will draw regular duty. right now he and thrower have been alternating. after that i'd guess it would be dietz or klassen on a temporary basis. i would have thought laurent but i don't see him listed on the blades website anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by wango tango View Post
    niemi's hurt. he might not play in the world junior tourney.

siemens and thrower will play for team pacific at the under 17's.

benson for team west at the under 17's.

blades have enough depth at forward to cover for benson without callups.

on defense kiziuk will draw regular duty. right now he and thrower have been alternating. after that i'd guess it would be dietz or klassen on a temporary basis. i would have thought laurent but i don't see him listed on the blades website anymore.
    thanks

Default My guess would be...

Dietz, Morin and Kost, least thats who I'd go with first. W. Klassen is already 18 and I can't see him being a regular next year as a 19 yr old not with the other three likely on the team as 17 yr olds.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Dietz, Morin and Kost, least thats who I'd go with first. W. Klassen is already 18 and I can't see him being a regular next year as a 19 yr old not with the other three likely on the team as 17 yr olds.
    is kost even in the teams plans ? he isnt even in the top 6 dmen on his midget team ? klassen may come up and show he belongs i am still surprised he was sent down

scratch ashton off the list.

st. denis is hurt again.

who does that leave?

sbisa would still be a good addition to the defense.

shattock and wiebe in kamloops?

vincour and raedeke in edmonton?

Default All I know the Blades..

have to do something now if they wanna have a shot at the title. Molleken has talked bout their protected list being strong so trading a prospect or two shouldn't hurt them to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    have to do something now if they wanna have a shot at the title. Molleken has talked bout their protected list being strong so trading a prospect or two shouldn't hurt them to much.
    Yes I agree.... The options are kind of running out because other teams are scooping up the players that every contending team wants...do something before the deadline. That is if they want to put up and over the top and I think that this year could be the time to go for broke!!!!!

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

The Blades barely beat the Rebels tonight which is quite sad seeing how the Blades are at the top of the league standings practically and the Rebels aren't even in a playoff spot. What I saw tonite was the need for a gamebreaker, the Blades have no one really that I'd call a game breaker.

Blades better do something before or at the deadline or else they won't go far AGAIN!!!