Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: blades trade talk

Blades reassign braden johnson

Don't really get these two deals, the Blades needed a gamebreaker, not really sure Viednesky is it but he is an upgrade, hope can start scoring cuz thats what the Blades need. I think they were better off going after Shattock, Bubnick and Stebner. Think they could've afforded the three of them.
    Last edited by Trav; 01-10-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Don't really get these two deals, Viednesky I guess is alrite but...I think they were better off going after Shattock, Bubnick and Stebner. Heck they could've traded Gallimore to Kamloops in the deal instead of to Seattle. Hope the deals work out but I don't like having another guy with over 100 pim's. Hopefully Marek will start putting the puck in the net.
    I'm interested to see if this gives the Blades the extra scoring punch they could use. I still have them as #1 in the dub, then us, 3rd Cgy and 4th tri-Cities
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

New Blades lines possibly

Hulak Patterson Wintoneak
    Boyer Viednesky Acolatse
    Hamilton Toomey Inglis
    Nichols Benson Dziurzynski
    McNaught

Elliott Klassen
    Niemi Zahn
    Gogol Siemens
    Thrower Kiziuk

Stanford
    Morrison

Still a very good team if you ask me

Christ thats a tough team! Thats the kind of hockey I will pay to go see.

when i see what portland paid for sbisa, or brandon for hamonic the prices were pretty steep. though calgary seems to have picked up a couple guys i thought the blades might have been interested in, with bubnick and shattock, for a decent price. overall though when i look at what it cost to get someone, i wonder how insane was eberle's price.

i don't know if it will work, but with the blades additions here's hoping our penalty kill can be great. because we're going to be a really physical punishing team, but that's going to mean a lot of time in the box too.