Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What can you tell me about Tristan King?

Question What can you tell me about Tristan King?

I have to admit this is more personal for me since Tristan King is from my hometown, and I don't know him as he graduated long after I left. Either way I am curious to hear your thoughts as to how he's doing. Do you think he'll have what it takes to make the NHL. What parts of Tristan's game are his strengths, what are his weaknesses? Do you know if he's heard anything from Dallas about his development as he appears to be having a great year so far. Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Short basic list,

Strengths
    He has a very good skillset, and a quick release on his shot.
    He has a bigger frame and he is good at protecting the puck.

Weaknesses
    He is not an aggressive type of player.
    Sometimes doesn't get involved enough in the play

Chances at nhl: I think he has the tools to make the nhl. With him i think its a matter of how much he wants it. I think he has 2nd/3rd line scoring potential, however i could also see him being the career 1st/2nd line scorer in the ahl
    Last edited by Tiger Trauma; 12-10-2009 at 07:19 PM.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Wink As far as I can tell...

He never really played high school hockey for my hometown team, and we're known as a gritty, blue-collar...relentless forecheck type of team. His parents are lacrosse coaches. Very interesting stuff to hear. Anything else you can tell me about his game and how he's been performing in your opinion for the Tigers is always welcome. Thanks for giving me the 411 on the hometown kid!

Quote Originally Posted by MVNWriter23 View Post
    He never really played high school hockey for my hometown team, and we're known as a gritty, blue-collar...relentless forecheck type of team. His parents are lacrosse coaches. Very interesting stuff to hear. Anything else you can tell me about his game and how he's been performing in your opinion for the Tigers is always welcome. Thanks for giving me the 411 on the hometown kid!
    He has great hands and when he comes to the rink to work he can dominate. Just wish he did it consecutive to benefit himself.
    Last edited by Razz; 12-17-2009 at 01:37 PM.

So you would say this effort is intermittent, some nights he really brings it and is productive and other nights he's invisible?

Quote Originally Posted by MVNWriter23 View Post
    So you would say this effort is intermittent, some nights he really brings it and is productive and other nights he's invisible?
    That explains it yes

I just watched the Hat play the Cougars in PG. 1st game he got 4 assists. 2nd game he gets 1 assist, named 1st star of game. For me, he was a pleasure to watch, a pure talent.

Default king

i watched the medicine hat tigers play the prince albert raiders last night and king had a great game.He has big league speed, awesome hands and can rifle a puck.He had a great burst of speed in the third period, he had a few dangles and looked like a speed demon racing down the wing and i can see this kid putting up some pretty big numbers

I can't believe he was chosen 2nd star tonight against the Blades. What a joke. This kid does have the tools, but he doesn't have the heart. He gets a minor penalty in the 1st and on the way to the box is chirpin the ref huge, then gets an unsportsmanike. Shoulda benched him to wake him up, because he slept the rest of the game. On the pk twice cost a goal b/c of positioning and total lack of effort. Lack of effort until He finally worked a bit in the last 4 minutes of reg time, but never won a single battle on the wall all game. Pathetic for a 19 yr old. The Blades looked great, nice team from the crease out with size. I'd like to see them against the Wheaties. Stanford played awesome and will be back next year. Zemlak is 20 yr old & done this season. One of the many dumb trades on PA's part.

Whoever picks the stars most nights needs to learn the game.