Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eberle

Default Eberle

Where will this guy end up playing after he gets back from the world juniors?How about tuebert as well?

If everything went my way, I'd like to see Eberle go out west, say Tri-Cities or somewhere, and Teubert come east to Brandon.

eberle and teubert won't be going anywhere if the pats are in a playoff spot when they get back from the world juniors. that means regina will be absolutely terrible next season and maybe another one after that.

If you are the Pats GM and you sitting in 8th Spot or close to the 8th spot in the east after the World Juniors would you deal Eberle and Teubert or keep them?

Lets say I am the Brandon GM and I offer you

Depape and Wilson
    Rights to Jordan Fransoo(Made Team West for the U17)
    Rights to Jason Swriypa(2nd round Pick 2 years ago)
    1st Round Pick 2010
    2nd Round Pick 2011

For
    Eberle and Teubert

Would you make that deal?

i don't know if depape and swriypa will be everyday whl players, not a big selling feature to me.

i'd do the deal for klarc wilson, jordan fransoo, brandon's first round bantam picks in 2010 and 2011.

easy for me to say i'd pull the trigger.

parkers in a tough spot and will get second guessed no matter what he does.

Eberle probably isnt getting traded unless we drop considerably in the standings. He is likely the best player in the league this year and who better to build around if you got a chance at doing some damage this year, especially considering how well the pats have been playing lately.

If the pats continue to play well, and are sitting around the 4th-6th area, we probably arent going to trade Eberle unless we get some talent back that can help us now AND later. Im sure Regina is willing to downgrade if we can get some players back that give fans the illusion that we intend on contending and help for next year.

So, something like that Eberle for Glennie deal mentioned in the other brandon thread. http://whlfans.ca/showpost.php?p=142494&postcount=6

If we take a nosedive from here, trade talks likely heat up and we will trade at least one of the pieces for sure. Who really knows what Parker is thinking though...?

And Wango Tango, we have 8 '91s this year and that experience could put us in the mix next year. Weal will attempt to fill Eberle's shoes next year regardless of what happens... along with Hutt, Mitchell, Carlson, Davidson, Ketlo and if that trade happened, glennie too. Could be just as good except less of a one line team and more of a depth team.
    Last edited by Some_Arrogant_Jerk; 11-24-2009 at 05:25 PM. Reason: link

I don't think the Wheatkings will trade Glennie for Eberle it makes no sense for them to do so. There is the possibility of both Glennie and Schenn coming back next season so why would they do that?

I have a feeling though the Pats will stand Pat to use a bad pun. Brandon will make a play for Ashton and Bubnick and look at someone like Raedeke and Van De Mossler from the Oil Kings

Have Brandon and Regina ever traded with each other?

Well, off the top of my head...there was Harding for Slade, then-prospect Ryan Mcdonald, and a 3rd which we picked Delahey.

The Pats arent lookin to trade Eberle, but if they were going to move him it would have to be for a really good offer. Glennie would fill a big need for the pats team next year(especially his combination of speed and skill), and partially fill Eberle's shoes this year. While Eberle would obviously improve Brandon and increase their chances of winning this year.

Of course, I dont speak for the pats or anything. I can see why the wheaties would have reluctance, so I guess it comes down to what Brandon would give up to get him, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    Well, off the top of my head...there was Harding for Slade, then-prospect Ryan Mcdonald, and a 3rd which we picked Delahey.

The Pats arent lookin to trade Eberle, but if they were going to move him it would have to be for a really good offer. Glennie would fill a big need for the pats team next year(especially his combination of speed and skill), and partially fill Eberle's shoes this year. While Eberle would obviously improve Brandon and increase their chances of winning this year.

Of course, I dont speak for the pats or anything. I can see why the wheaties would have reluctance, so I guess it comes down to what Brandon would give up to get him, really.
    I really can't see why we'd give up Glennie to get Eberle. Eberle is better of course, but we don't need more scoring. To give up Glennie for a "rent a player", it better be a stud d-man or goalie....
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

The Pats are hitting stride right now they are 8-3 this month with two 1 goal losses (to MJ & BRN) with the potential to win the next 3 on there US trip.

The Pats are showing what they are capable of doing this month. There was a big learning curve after the season with Derkatch behind the bench. Derkatch hurt the development of alot of players last year, Eberle & Teubert are included in that list. We have 2 of the top 3 point getters in the league with Eberle (2nd 46pts, not to mention avg 2pts/game) Weal (3rd 41pts) also to mention 2 guys in the top 10 in goals with Eberle (4th w 20 in 22gms) & Strueby (9th w 17) our PP 1 of the best PP in the league (on the weekend we were in top 5)

I do think we are missing a depth Dman though, Pym just doesnt cut it Bell at age 16 has passed Pym on the depth chart which doesnt say much for Pym really.... but every team looking to do something come playoff time wants to add a depth Dman or elite.

I may be looking thru some Pats goggles (i try not to do that much if at all) but i do feel the Pats are turning there ship around. As much as other feel that Pats will be brutal the next few years if we dont trade Eberle & Teubert i disagree, ya we may not contend with the division we may get a few beatings by some top teams but we will be mid pack prob battleing for 7th or 8th & im ok with that if we can enjoy a playoff run this year. It has been a very long time since the Pats have had a playoff run I would like to see 1 sometime soon, if that means keeping Eberle & Teubert & adding a player or 2 i am all for that.

You look at our team with the likes of Eberle, Teubert, Leffler, Strueby, Delahey, Weal & a work horse like Mitchell how can this team not be considered a top team in the league. We came out of the gates very slow as there were some bad habits from last season under Derkatch. Hunt & Sutter have worked hard at getting those out of this team & in the month of Nov have 1 of the better records to date at 8-3 (with two 1 goal losses *as stated above*) Parker would be stupid NOT to add a player or 2 (during December would be smart as you lose your 2 best guys) with the Pats cupboard stocked from the past 3 yrs of solid drafts it would not surprise me at all if the Pats trade away there 1st round pick to add something.

Parker & Rich Preston have a great friendship and it may be far fetched but it would not surprise me at all if they make a deal that could benefit both teams. Ashton & Sibsa could both be part of it, Parker gave Preston a great deal to secure his goaltending to give his team a chance each night. Hrcina would definately be part of this deal & i would be ok with adding in Chandler Stephenson (our 1st rd pick) or Taylor Balog (our 2nd rd pick) along with a 1st rd pick this year & send back LETH 5th rd pick in the Rowat deal along with our 3rd or 4th. The Pats would get Ashton back next season but the bigger picture would be BRN, SAS or MJ dont get him. I dont think Sibsa is going to get a big return like some are saying in here, being that he is a euro and WOULD be a rent a player neither turns into Lethbridges hands in those trade talks