Thread: Red Deer-Regina trade.....

Iconwhl Red Deer-Regina trade.....

All us Pats fan know we need a upgrade between the pipes & on the back end.. i have heard some talk about a deal with Red Deer for Darcy Kuemper & Colin Archer going the other way is Damion Ketlo, the 3rd round pick we got from Lethbridge & something else... (can we give them Hutt im really not a fan of this guy at all though he does have skill)

I think this would be a huge upgrade in both goaltending and defense

I like the way you think(except on the Hutt thing, he has to stay). Kuemper is a great goaltender with great size. His numbers would be much better on a better team. I could see him stick around as a 20 year old due to the depth that Minnesota has on their team. Its probably 50/50, but the chance is there and the market price would likely be the price of a rental goaltender. Him staying would pretty much just be a bonus.

And Archer is the type of player we need in the backend, a good defensive guy that can play good minutes. Another 19 year old that could stay as a 20...but he is the rebel's captain and wont be traded easily.

The problem is what we trade back. They arent just going to take the crap we dont really want. Ketlo would have to go the other way, obviously...and not because his play of late. He is a good goalie that just had a couple of bad games. If a pick(that 3rd maybe?) goes the other way, what else? Probably a defensive prospect, though we've already traded Mason Logan this year for Carlson.

This is a decent idea, though Im not sure the Rebels would go for it. Also have to look at our remaining future picks/prospects...cant go too crazy.

I'd like to see them try and get Dallas Jackson back. Send Delahey, maybe Tendler and a good forward prospect the other way.

Would be tough to work out a fair deal. Kuemper has far more trade value than Ketlo obviously, and if they trade Archer, they are going to have to replace a defenseman, their captain, and as well, the only player on the team that will consistently step up and drop the mitts to come to the aid of a teammate. Maybe toss in a guy like Mitchell.

Red Deer is in a similar situation with being thin on defensemen, which is the only thing that I can see being the deal killer here.

man this deal rumoured so needs to take place. Again tonight another terrible outing for ketlo... as i purchased the game through whl live feed. 3 goals Ketlo should of had. I dont know what is up with Ketlo lately but he is definately not playing well.

Part of it can be Hunt's fault too i think Ketlo has been feeling too comfortable, when Ketlo came back from his early season injury Guhle had played very well & it forced Ketlo to play better. Right now Guhle just isnt getting any starts & this needs to change. Guhle better start on saturday night in Lethbridge & when he puts in a solid performance Hunt should give him another game to make Ketlo have a great performance once he gets back into his crease. If he fails i think you have no choice but to try & upgrade your goaltending.

Bringing in players such as Ashton, Orfino, Mappin & Spooner will do no good if your goalie cant make a save.

that is something u dont hear to much is Zemlak getting out played.... Zemlak and Kuemper are by far the best goalies in our conference.. only tough part with Zemlak is he is a 20 yr old. Really with PA team they prob shouldnt be as high as they r but Zemlak keeps them in alot of hockey games.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    that is something u dont hear to much is Zemlak getting out played.... Zemlak and Kuemper are by far the best goalies in our conference.. only tough part with Zemlak is he is a 20 yr old. Really with PA team they prob shouldnt be as high as they r but Zemlak keeps them in alot of hockey games.
    Wow!! I thought Zemlak was 18/19. Why the heck would they trade Stanford away? I don't understand the direction of the Raiders with all their trades. Some of the Dmen they aquired can't skate in this league. I sure like their young forwards though.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan15 View Post
    what dmen cant skate ? Ruopp can Yarworski can . Are you talking about Hryniuk or Wall? cuz Wall can skate to. Where did you watch the Raiders just out of curiousity
    Watched them in Lethbridge, Calgary, Medicine Hat and Swift Current this year. Where did you watch them and what specific parts of their game?