Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 09/10 Trade Deadline Thread

Default 09/10 Trade Deadline Thread

I figured I would attempt a space where we can discuss rumors, ideas, expectations going into the deadline.

With Freisen playing the last 8 games, I would guess we'll be going with a backup who's younger than 19. Hopefully there are some teams out there that are interested in 2nd and 3rd years guys that play soft and couldn't win a battle on the boards if their life depended on it.
    I says pardon?

I would think Clark will be moved somewheres in the coming week. There is no way this team benifets from having two 19 yr old goaltenders. I also think Novotny will go to Saskatoon. Lastly in the rumor catagory i have heard two rumors i wish would go away (Dowling to Saskatoon, Eakin to Brandon). Neither of those two deals make sense in regards to next year for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Toswammi View Post
    I would think Clark will be moved somewheres in the coming week. There is no way this team benifets from having two 19 yr old goaltenders. I also think Novotny will go to Saskatoon. Lastly in the rumor catagory i have heard two rumors i wish would go away (Dowling to Saskatoon, Eakin to Brandon). Neither of those two deals make sense in regards to next year for us.
    Got any steady d-man we could use? Like Reddington (Leth) or Archer (RD), can't take any 20 year olds....
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

If you can't use Claffey (20), the only veteran d-men we have are Bobbee (19) and Rogers (18).
    I says pardon?

Quote Originally Posted by Link Dog View Post
    If you can't use Claffey (20), the only veteran d-men we have are Bobbee (19) and Rogers (18).
    I could maybe see Rogers going, but we would have to be getting another 18D in that or another deal. Bobbee will be part of our shutdown paring for next year with Evans and maybe Scarlett.

If they trade our two most exciting players to watch I won't be renewing. Not gonna go through another 5 year rebuilding plan.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

So any other rumors floating around this week??? I know in Swifty, nothing around the rink ever stays secret for too long. What has anyone heard, cant believe nobody is talking about Dowling heading out....heard it was done, just wondering 'bout the details

I heard Dowling and Novotny are headed to Saskatoon but not sure for what

I've heard numerous reports of Dowling to Saskatoon...what's the source you have with the Dowling/Novotny?