Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Players who MAY be moved come Sunday...

Iconwhl Players who MAY be moved come Sunday...

Luca Sbisa
    The odds of him being moved are extremely high but i think his value goes down alot with his recent injury along with him gone for another 2 weeks (maybe 3) for the Olympics. Dont think teams will give up much for a few reasons, he is a rental euro, he is injuried for 1 month right now, gone for 2/3 weeks for Olympics those are 3 very big reasons not to give up a ton for a player who wont be there to help push ur team to a high conference seeding.

Brandon McMillan
    Any chance of this guy getting moved... Kelowna is only sitting in 7th in the Western Conference & still has a very good roster without this guy, but getting a quality prospect can go along ways for the next few years. McMillan wont be back next year as a 20 yr old as he will be in the AHL forsure.

Prab Rai
    Seattle may make a push for that last playoff spot but i dont think here roster has the depth to be a serious playoff contender. With 23 goals 43 pts in 38 games this guy could add some scoring depth to a team at most likely a very fair price.

Dallas Jackson
    I think the chance of Jackson being moved is very high, not sure how many teams off hand have a open 20 yr old spot but its not like Jackson will come at a very high price to begin with & most likely would have to take on a lesser 20 yr old in return just to complete the deal. I think a 17 yr old guy with some upside along with maybe a 4th rd pick (& if needed a 20 yr in return) would be very fair value.

C.J. Stretch
    Plays in kamloops, & Kamloops has already shown they will be a seller this year to try. CJ scored 29 goals with 86 pts last season with 16 goals & 43 pts this season. His price wouldnt be too high at all but can still be a dcent return for a Kamloops team that will be looking to add prospects. Is a 20 yr old tho like Rai.

Tyler Shattock
    There has been alot of talk about Shattock being moved on this site & would be the same as CJ in the price of a return, only thing with Shattock is he is only 19 yrs old and has prob a 90% chance of returning if not higher for next season as a 20 yr old. Think Kamloops will move CJ before Shattock.

Tomas Vincour
    As a rental 19 yr old euro who has put up OK numbers in Edmonton the last few years. On a team who has a supporting cast for goal scorers i can see him being more lethal then he is in Edmonton. I dont see a very high return though mainly cuz he is a euro & wont be back as a 20 yr old next season. Again prob a roster player who is 17 with a 3rd or 4th rd pick.

Torrie Jung, Garrett Zemlak & Linden Rowat
    Prob the best 3 goalies in the Eastern Conference just the downfall is they r 20 yrs old this year. Does a playoff contender want to take out a 20 yr old skater for a 20 yr old goaltender?? Would be interested in seeing what type of a return these guys would get if there moved.

Carter Bancks
    Could be a upgrade on any team that is around 4th to 8th in either conference as a 20 yr, would most likely require a 20yr old for 20 yr old swap with alittle extra going to Leth.

Jordan Eberle & Colten Teubert
    Everyone in the WHL wants these guys, but do i think Parker will make this deal.... No i dont think he will even though it is in the best interest in the Pats to do so. With these 2 guys the Pats will end up making the playoffs even with there 9 game lossing streak they had while they were gone to WJs. Once the playoffs start they could be the difference maker in a series no matter who the Pats play 1st round. Both would bring in a HUGE return if they did get traded though especially Eberle, dont think many if any at all would be willing to give up what he is truely worth.

Matt Delahey
    This guy needs a change of scenery, a swap of 20 yr olds could be in the running, Parker has done it before most noteably last season with MacAngus for Robertson.

Travis Hamonic
    Most likely the most offensive defenseman in the Eastern Conference, woould bring a huge return for the Warriors which would help them now & for the years to come. The Warriors will be very strong next season could easily take the Eastern Division next season. Trading Hamonic must be being looked at in the Warriors front office, with a separated shoulder sustained at the WJs & not knowing how serious yet could be the make or break point with him being moved.

Jason Bast
    Bast only gets moved if Hamonic gets moved 1st... If trading away Hamonic happens doesnt make much sense to keep this guy around, works hard every shift with dynamic speed & a scoring touch. May not bring in a big return in the trade market but would definately be a sought after player if & only when Hamonic gets dealt.

Igor Revenko
    With no real top euro in the league, Revenko being 2nd in scoring among euro's in the WHL behind only Nino Niederreiter (of SUI) Revenko could be looked at by a team looking to add a euro even if it means swapping a euro for a euro. I think Revenko could be that difference maker on a team with more scoring depth.

Nathan Deck
    A solid skating defensman with some offensive upside could be a solid #3/4 Dman while on the #2 PP, not sure if there is some interest in this guy & not sure if PA would want to trade him as he will be back as a 20 yr old next year.

Stepan Novotny
    Already been moved once this season from Kelowna, would be a upgrade on any team reguarding a euro. Could see Saskatoon taking interest in him as it is highly unlikely Saskatoon would even take a look at Revenko from PA.

Matt Tassone
    Was injuried to start the season & just recently returned in decemeber SC played well without him. We all know what he is capable of doing as he scored 36 times in 55 games last season. He is a 20 yr old which may hurt teams looking at him but would be a great upgrade for any team.

Brayden McNabb
    Lots of talk about this guy on the market on this site, but in all honesty i dont see why. Kootney is in a playoff position right now & with McNabb only being 18 yrs old i really dont see him going anywhere. The return would be huge for him if Kootney considered trading him away. Do teams call KOO and ask about him?? Yes they do but will be turned away by the asking price, unles they are willing to give up a 17/18 yr old quality forward in return

Darcy Kuemper & Colin Archer
    Early December these guys may of been moved but with RD going 7-1-2 in there recent skid dont look for RD to be moving any of these guys if anything they may a player. Possibly a 20 yr old and just drop Deagle from there list completely.

These are just my thoughts on possible players being moved & by no means is there any word they are being moved or even being looked at being moved. Would love to hear some other peoples thoughts on my list or provide a list of there own who teams may be looking to move/add
    Last edited by patsdude114; 01-07-2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: forgot Sbisa opps

wow lots of views but no 1 wants to make any comments

Great list with good explanations.

I don't see the Rebels or Ice trading the players who mentioned. Both teams have been playing very well lately. One of those Euros will end up in Saskatoon and one could end up in Calgary if the Hitmen don't pick up Sbisa, which I still think they will.

I would be surprised to see Rai, Eberle, Teubert, the 3 ov goalies, and McMillan move.

There is almost too much smoke not to have a fire regarding Hamonic, I think he will be a WheatKing by Sunday. I agree with your comments about Bast.

I could see Shattock end up in Calgary, if Kisio is going to go for it. Otherwise, Stretch gets moved first.

Default Sbisa?

How could you not include Sbisa on the list? The team trading for him won't care about having him for anything but the playoffs, and he will positively impact any team he joins for the playoffs.
    vc124

I thought i did have Sbisa in the list oppps ill add him right now wow totally missed that guy lol prob cuz i was talking about him on a regular post before i think it was in the Saskatoon thread

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan15 View Post
    The Raiders should be looking for a Euro as well
    want dominik pacovsky?

i cant see the Raiders being any sort of a buyer at all..... Zemlak is the only reason they sit where they do in the standings

I have heard that Hamonic(before he got injured) was offered to Tri-City,Brandon,Vancouver and Calgary. But the Warriors want a top 17 year old in return and that has pretty much stopped the trade from happening. Messier from Tri-City,Stone from Brandon,Gallagher from Vancouver and Madiasky from Calgary being the 17 year olds. I can't see any of those teams giving up on any of those guys.

The Warriors may get it come sunday when the push is on to upgrade... the last day is usually when teams over pay the most, cuz they go with there 2nd plan and they back fire be it cuz someone else gets them or the guy was just taken off the table.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    i cant see the Raiders being any sort of a buyer at all..... Zemlak is the only reason they sit where they do in the standings
    How true !