Thread: +/-

Default +/-

Blades had an awesome road trip, kudos to them.
    How did Zahn, Gallimore and Inglis each go -5 tonight, not often you see 3 Blades a -5 in the same night
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

A[ They played 6 games in 8 nights and were very tired ran out of gas
    B[Lots of guys out of the lineup like Hamilton Niemi Siemens Thrower Benson so those guys logged alot of minuts expecially Zahn

They (whole team) definetly looked like they were out of gas tonight.

Default I know all teams probably go through this...

but 6 games in eight nites or whatever it was is pretty stupid scheduling by the league. There's no reason for it. If thats how they fit in 72 games in the season schedule then reduce the number of games played to 62 or something.

Hockey is supposed to be fun, players shouldn't have to play games where they're fatigued even before the game starts. I'm not saying all of this because the Blades lost big time, I've always found the 5-6 games in 7 nights retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    but 6 games in eight nites or whatever it was is pretty stupid scheduling by the league. There's no reason for it. If thats how they fit in 72 games in the season schedule then reduce the number of games played to 62 or something.

Hockey is supposed to be fun, players shouldn't have to play games where they're fatigued even before the game starts. I'm not saying all of this because the Blades lost big time, I've always found the 5-6 games in 7 nights retarded.
    It had to be related to the WJC, but I agree, those 5 or 6 games in 8 nights combined with a lot of travel is insane.
    Irks me to admit that the Blades had a great road trip!!!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Default I Agree With You

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post

But I believe the reason that teams go on these unrealisticly gruelling roadtrips to the other conference is to accomplish one thing. And that is to save the owners a few grand in extra nights hotel/meals and other travelling expenses. Lets face it. The players have no say in it. They don't have a players union or any group looking out for them. They put up with it because they hope that by paying there dues, they can get to the next level. Meanwhile, the owners, at least most of them, make a huge profit on the backs of these kids and pay them a little spending money and a billet home to stay at. Not that far from using/abusing child labour when you really think about it.

Yeah and to think that I and others here have to pay almost 18 bucks to see a hockey game here in Saskatoon. Whatever happened to the 10 dollar tickets?

I like junior hockey but like everything else, its all bout the money now.

I wonder what profit Saskatoon and Brandon make every year?

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    I wonder what profit Saskatoon and Brandon make every year?
    McCrimmon is wraking it in but probably nothing like the Hitmen and Giants do on a good year.

Quote Originally Posted by wheatiesfan View Post
    McCrimmon is wraking it in but probably nothing like the Hitmen and Giants do on a good year.
    This season yes due to the influx in season ticket sales, but likely not as much as you'd expect. His only significant sources or revenue are gate and merchandise. (CHL teams get some money from NHL clubs for developing drafted talent, but in the grand scheme its not a lot of cash.) He has no concessions as the Keystone gets all of it. I've heard he has an absolute steal of a deal with the arena though.