Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: you be parker

Hybrid View

Default you be parker

what do you do?

the pats are 7 points out of the 8th and final playoff spot. regina will have to win four more games than swift current who currently hold the 8th spot, and only have 29 games left to do it in.

do you trade eberle, and teubert?

if you do then you are raising the white flag and saying to the fans we're rebuilding, this team has been rebuilding for a lot of years recently with little progress shown. this will be a big hit in revenue too. daddy parker won't be happy about that at all.

status quo?

get everybody back, and healthy. push for the playoffs, get as much gate as you can, who cares how bad we'll be next season, sports is a what have you done for me lately business anyway.

add more players?

not dealing away eberle and teubert leaves the cupboard bare for at least the next season, that far in the hole already, why not a little farther. pick up a depth forward, add a solid dman to compliment davidson and teubert.

no matter what parker does it will be seen as the wrong move, he is in an unwinnable situation, i don't envy him.

I kinda feel bad for Pats fans because I still don't get the deals your GM has made.

While it is never a sure thing to predict what a team is going to be like year after year in this league right now I can't see Regina being very good next season. The more I watch Ashton play the more I see a very selfish and unmotivated player.

You could have easily moved Eberle and Teubert after the WJC for some quality 17 year olds plus draft picks/prospects. Your core next season would have included Weal,Hood,Davidson,Mitchell,Carlson,Hutt,Gustafass on,Bell,Spooner and Bortsmeyer plus whoever you got in deals and your top prospects. You probably would have been very good next season not great but in 2 years you may have been great.

Thats not to say all is lost. Eberle and Teubert could come back and get you in the playoffs and all bets are off once your there. The problem will come when those guys are gone next year.

Its all speculation really. Like I said you never know what prospects are going to be really good or not.

Default trade deadline

would be smart if Parker was a seller at the deadline .There is obvious interest in Eberle and Tuebert that would bring in some youthful talent/draft picks.It would be nice to restock the prospect shelf.Parker should be considering offers for all 19 and 20 year old players!
    Last edited by west coast; 01-07-2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: spellcheck

Iconwhl

Like i have stated before i am glad Parker isnt trading both these stars away (as he stated in the LP again today) Parker is brutal at trading away star players examples are Calder, Stuart & Harding he never gets solid prospects who work out for star players anyways. Maybe he has realized this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    Your core next season would have included Weal,Hood,Davidson,Mitchell,Carlson,Hutt,Gustafass on,Bell,Spooner and Bortsmeyer .
    UMMMMMM i think you better take a look at our roster again the only guy who wont be our core next season is Hood (& that really doesnt bother me at all as he is a very lazy player) plus throw in Mappin & Orfino as 20 year olds, Ashton if he returns from the NHL also you forgot to mention Mulder who is by far our most improved player this year but Hunt wont play him in a offensive role even tho he put up huge #s with the Winnipeg Thrashers in his final year.

The way i see it is as the roster stands right now for next year sure we may not be challenging for the top spots in the conference will prob be battleing for as high as 7th but then again you just never know, players can grow & mature over the course of the summer & become totally different players. That is whats so special about junior hockey.

The way i also see it is Brandon fans especially are just choked cuz they cant get Eberle who would put them over the top for a serious Memorial Cup run. All season Brandon fans have been saying were getting Eberle & Teubert but they arnt even availble. They are the 2 classiest players that have played here since Rick Rypien, Rypien's last season as a 20 yr old Parker had deals thrown at him as well for his services but Parker turned them down as Rypien wanted to finish his career as a Regina Pat. Which is the same thing Eberle & Teubert want as well, as Teubert said in the LP today "we both want to be Regina Pat alumni, no one elses alumni" that speaks for these players as human beings as well.

Another point as well the trades Parker has made he has hardly given up much. Yes he traded Taylor Balog & a 1st round pick (the 2nd rd pick we gave will only be a difference of 10 picks from the 3rd we gave Leth, & Hood is too lazy of a player to be anything special) If Ashton comes back next season & has anywhere close to a solid season i would say that trade is a saw off. The deal with Vancouver trading Derek Tendler a goalie who couldnt find time in our crease this season anyways & who would always be behind Ketlo & Guhle why would keep a goalie on the protective list who has trade value now?? Plus we got Spooner for him who is suppose to be a very solid defenseman along with Mappin who will be back next year as well.

I would say Parker did not too bad in his deals as he always does as long as the trades arnt involving a star player.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Like i have stated before i am glad Parker isnt trading both these stars away (as he stated in the LP again today) Parker is brutal at trading away star players examples are Calder, Stuart & Harding he never gets solid prospects who work out for star players anyways. Maybe he has realized this.

UMMMMMM i think you better take a look at our roster again the only guy who wont be our core next season is Hood (& that really doesnt bother me at all as he is a very lazy player) plus throw in Mappin & Orfino as 20 year olds, Ashton if he returns from the NHL also you forgot to mention Mulder who is by far our most improved player this year but Hunt wont play him in a offensive role even tho he put up huge #s with the Winnipeg Thrashers in his final year.

The way i see it is as the roster stands right now for next year sure we may not be challenging for the top spots in the conference will prob be battleing for as high as 7th but then again you just never know, players can grow & mature over the course of the summer & become totally different players. That is whats so special about junior hockey.

The way i also see it is Brandon fans especially are just choked cuz they cant get Eberle who would put them over the top for a serious Memorial Cup run. All season Brandon fans have been saying were getting Eberle & Teubert but they arnt even availble. They are the 2 classiest players that have played here since Rick Rypien, Rypien's last season as a 20 yr old Parker had deals thrown at him as well for his services but Parker turned them down as Rypien wanted to finish his career as a Regina Pat. Which is the same thing Eberle & Teubert want as well, as Teubert said in the LP today "we both want to be Regina Pat alumni, no one elses alumni" that speaks for these players as human beings as well.

Another point as well the trades Parker has made he has hardly given up much. Yes he traded Taylor Balog & a 1st round pick (the 2nd rd pick we gave will only be a difference of 10 picks from the 3rd we gave Leth, & Hood is too lazy of a player to be anything special) If Ashton comes back next season & has anywhere close to a solid season i would say that trade is a saw off. The deal with Vancouver trading Derek Tendler a goalie who couldnt find time in our crease this season anyways & who would always be behind Ketlo & Guhle why would keep a goalie on the protective list who has trade value now?? Plus we got Spooner for him who is suppose to be a very solid defenseman along with Mappin who will be back next year as well.

I would say Parker did not too bad in his deals as he always does as long as the trades arnt involving a star player.
    I am not "choked". I am just trying to comment on what I would hope my GM would do if he was in your GM's situation.

The Ashton Deal makes sense if you guys are better than what you are. Even with Eberle in the lineup you guys are still just a medicore team. I watched you guys enough times against Brandon to realize if he is not awesome every single game you guys will lose more often than not. That is not the sign of a good team.

I don't know what it is about the Pats. I had you guys at in the top 4 in the east. Maybe it just comes down to bad coaching but for whatever reason you still believe you have a chance at winning. Surely you realize you don't by now? You cannot win in the playoffs in the WHL with one line.

Its a pretty tough call for any GM. First off, its impossible to gauge the talent level of this team when there were so many injurues, and the two big absenses. Also, if we keep the big pieces and repeat what happened last year will send alot of fans packing. But at the same time, trading them is going to make half the fans pissed that the team is throwing in the proverbial towel. Keeping the two players and ending the regular season as a playoff team will be fine by fans for awhile, but another first round exit would make this a huge waste. On the other side of the coin, missing the playoffs even if we make some good rebuilding trades would be just as bad for some

Theres no tougher place for a GM to be in. Personally, I think the best solution is somewhere in the middle, like an Eberle for Glennie type trade that isnt a complete 'sell' move...probably still make the playoffs. The main objective is to consider the value that Eberle has, and to a lesser extent Teubert's high value as well. We cant just piss that away. Parker seems to be doing his best to make it look like they are staying, while most everybody looks at the situation the team is in and trading them is smart and safe.

To be honest, its been beaten to death already, and I just want to see what happens. I will probably be mildly disappointed no matter what happens, as will most fans, which is what makes it so hard. Fans just arent going to be happy until the team is winning, and the long wait has only magnified that a hundred times over.

You are in a very similar situation than the Hurricanes last season at this time. We had a boatload of talent, and barely made the playoffs. We could have seriously re-stocked, and been in much better shape this year, or got our act together in the playoffs and make a run for the cup. Knowing now what we do, the second option would have been the better choice. You guys seem to have a stronger core of returnees for next year than we did this year as well, so I would stick with the program. You guys are getting 2 of the top players in the league back, and could easily get hot and finish in the middle of the pack with the way things are right now. I would think that maybe a tender, say Rowat or Jung, and you could make some noise.
    vc124

Since this post was put up while i was creating my last 1....

Quote Originally Posted by localguy View Post
    You are in a very similar situation than the Hurricanes last season at this time. We had a boatload of talent, and barely made the playoffs. We could have seriously re-stocked, and been in much better shape this year, or got our act together in the playoffs and make a run for the cup. Knowing now what we do, the second option would have been the better choice. You guys seem to have a stronger core of returnees for next year than we did this year as well, so I would stick with the program. You guys are getting 2 of the top players in the league back, and could easily get hot and finish in the middle of the pack with the way things are right now. I would think that maybe a tender, say Rowat or Jung, and you could make some noise.

Im glad someone is finally seeing things the way i am. All it takes is playing ur best hockey entering the playoffs but then again out weakest point on our roster is goaltending, which does make our defense look worse then it is at times.

I wish we would of kept Rowat over Delahey, Kelto just hasnt been ready for the starting job all season long. Could of landed a 18 yr old Dman for Ketlo easily or just of made the Tendler trade much earlier in the year for a quality Dman. Oh how things could be done differently but every team could say that though.

With knowing our defense was going to be a bit weaker this season out of the gate you think you would of wanted an established goaltender In Rowat but instead Parker & Hunt choose to go with a unestablished defense & goaltender. So we made our bed now we are laying in it too.

Oh i know i had us in the top 4 as well with the difference maker in Eberle.... but Parker would just F up a deal with Eberle anyways & we would be no better next year if we trade Eberle or dont cuz of this. Parker sucks arse when trading stars plain and simple.

Our defense is weak outside of Teubert & Davidson (& sometimes Delahey) our defense & goaltending is where we lose games. We have played Brandon good all season long yes we have no wins to show for it but outside of the 1st game of the year every game has been close. Even the game we gave u guys a 6-0 start before we decided to play hockey.

We were lacking depth up front as well but with the additions of Ashton, Mappin & Orfino this should help. If they do start to click we can still be a team to look out for, but then again our goaltending will let us down as Ketlo just isnt a every day goalie in this league. Im hoping Brett Martyniuk (who we got from Tri-City) can push Ketlo. Who knows maybe the Pats brass have given up on Ketlo since it is the 2nd time he has been hurt this year already & its not like he has been that reliable in net either. Guhle is a much better goalie then Ketlo is in my mind anyways.

I hope the Pats can put the year 2009 totally behind them, that is including last season as well in 2009. Time to start a new chapter cuz that last chapter was a waste of a few pages.

Default You Be Parker

The first thing I would do is fire the GM. Ha Ha.

The more I look at it, the Pats might as well keep Eberle and Tuebert and make another deal or two to go for it this year. A guy like Eberle only comes along every so often so you might as well treat your fans the rest of the year and try to make the playofs and have a good run. It's junior hockey, so anything can happen in the playoffs.