Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sbisa traded?

Default Sbisa traded?

Not yet, but it should be an interesting 48 hours...
    With the trade deadline coming up this weekend, will Sbisa be dealt? If the answer is yes, what will the Canes get back in return for him??

WHL reporter Gregg Drinnan seems to have the best answers/sources out there... and rather than copy and paste his detailed blog here, I'll let you check it out at his site...

http://gdrinnan.blogspot.com/

It looks like Sbisa will be dealt for sure...but to which club?

Also note...The Canes have a couple highly respected 20 year olds from a certain place near the home of a WHL club, a club that interestingly has an open spot for a 20 yr old...

the hurricanes would be the dumbest team ever if they dont trade sbisa!

Quote Originally Posted by canes77 View Post
    It looks like Sbisa will be dealt for sure...but to which club?

Also note...The Canes have a couple highly respected 20 year olds from a certain place near the home of a WHL club, a club that interestingly has an open spot for a 20 yr old...
    Well that certain GM has made it clear that he is looking for a 20 year old that will bring intensity, hard work, leadership, be solid up front and a key player on the PK. Gee I wonder who he might be referring to? If that player is dealt, how badly does that GM west on HWY #3 want this overager? Preston could get a lot for him, but rather than another draft pick it should be a promising 16/17 year old.

The thinking might be that Preston would want to keep the leadership in tact in order to help the kids on this club. But moving a key leader would certainly give a couple of Hurricanes like Braes, Fyten and Reddington a chance to take the opportunity and run with it.

As for Sbisa, I think most fans do want to see him traded. According to Drinnan's blog there are a couple of GM very interested in him. Yes it would be good for him to stay in order to tutor the younger blueliners. By moving Sbisa for a 1st rounder (as suggested) or a talented 16/17 year old it would add to the future, and give Reddington a chance to once again become the leader on the blue line. Reddington played his best hockey before Sbisa came back, and that is what he likely needs, to become the leader of the blueline crew for the rest of this year and next.

Frankly, I would hope that Preston moves his two biggest assets: Bancks and Sbisa are both commodities that are being sought after. To build a team you need high draft picks and very good promising young talent.

GET RID OF "EH OH CANADA GO!"

is it just me or does anyone else find it weird NO trades have been done today yet? Tomorrow morning the floodgates shall open and tons of trades should come i hope

Two GMs telling Drinnan they would move a 1st-rounder means nothing. I'll call Drinnan now and tell him I'll buy his car for a million dollars, and it means as much.
    The Hurricanes will likely be looking for a player who can contribute immediately and in the future, not a later 1st.
    Also, consider that Sbisa has a list of teams he'll go to, and staying put is a real option for a guy who starts playing big-league hockey the second the Canes season ends.
    That latter point also applies to Bancks. He'll head straight to the AHL and a paycheck when the season ends.

Default Sbisa and Bancks

I had heard that Preston sat both these players down in December and asked them if they wanted to be traded to a contending team. If that was what they wanted then Preston would start looking at offers for them. Both of these guys apparently refused the offer, preferring to finish their WHL careers right where they started.

I would be surprised if Preston was to go back on that now.

I don't follow the team enough to know what kind of player he is but is he really worth trading for right now? He is out right now and will be until just before the Olympics. Then he is at the Olympics until the end of February which leaves him available for the last few games of the regular season and the playoffs. Is he worth it to trade young prospects away for what could amount to only 10 or 11 games if you get swept in the first round of the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by the flying moose View Post
    I don't follow the team enough to know what kind of player he is but is he really worth trading for right now? He is out right now and will be until just before the Olympics. Then he is at the Olympics until the end of February which leaves him available for the last few games of the regular season and the playoffs. Is he worth it to trade young prospects away for what could amount to only 10 or 11 games if you get swept in the first round of the playoffs?
    If your goal is to get swept in the first round, then no he's not worth it. However any team that plans on going far into the playoffs, he instantly becomes one of your best defencemen.

Default injuries change format

I think it would have been at least a 1 st rounder but now with 5 injured d-men it will probably be a healthy 3 or 4 on the depth chart d-man and what ever other draft pick you can get , I would think most likely no higher then a 2nd because of the status on Sbisa injury and commitment to the Olympics if he is fit to play or else we might move another draft pick or do we bring Graham in from BC for the remainder of the season ?

I honestly don't think he will be moved. Reason is to much to give up too get him. He won't be back next year. Theres a maybe if it's a multi player deal.