Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Pats make the playoffs now they kept Eberle and Teubert?

Hybrid View

Default Will the Pats make the playoffs now they kept Eberle and Teubert?

Here's a chance for posters to state where they stand.
    i say they will miss the playoffs, and have a poor next 2 years after not trading these 2 guys
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

The magic number is 23 and they have 2 teams to pass. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by blerbtalksc View Post
    So is that a yes or no?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by blerbtalksc View Post
    Please explain how you got this number. Are you using a combination of Pat's losses and some one elses, say Red Deer wins? Also what about the 3 pt games?

Pat's make the playoffs........Not this year! Too many 3 point games in the league and they need to catch and pass 2, not just 1 team.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Put me down for a yes! The way they played last week, I would have lost hope. But this week, that good team 'on paper' is now looking good on the ice. They played Brandon and Edmonton very well thus far, and if they keep this play up through out the rest of the season, they should have no problems securing a playoff spot.

The Pats look like a different team out there. They've been blocking shots, great passes, and everyone is working their ass off! ...with the exception to Strueby. Not that he's playing bad, but he isn't putting in the same effort as everyone else. In addition, they have been hitting hitting hitting!!!

Tonight, Hricina showed off his skill and size well and was able to finish on a great play to the net! Same with Mitchel. Two goals in 9 seconds tonight!

Ketlo had looked good too these two games. If he can keep his play up, the Pats will be just fine.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk I must be missing something, but what do you mean by the magic number being 23?
    HURRICANE'S ROCK Quote:
    Originally Posted by blerbtalksc

Please explain how you got this number. Are you using a combination of Pat's losses and some one elses, say Red Deer wins? Also what about the 3 pt games?

Pat's make the playoffs........Not this year! Too many 3 point games in the league and they need to catch and pass 2, not just 1 team.

Firstly I only did the magic number thing this early as a joke because it there is too much season left and the separation between playoff and non playoff teams is too small. Secondly the three point games put a wrinkle in that cannot be accounted for until the result is in, that's why it works better in baseball and basketball where there are no ties.

6 MJ GP-44 W-24 L-15 OTL-2 SL-3 Pts-53
    7 RD GP-46 W-24 L-18 OTL-0 SL-4 Pts-52
    8 PA GP-48 W-24 L-21 OTL-1 SL-2 Pts-51
    9 SC GP-47 W-24 L-21 OTL-0 SL-2 Pts-50
    10 Reg GP-48 W-20 L-24 OTL-3 SL-1 Pts-44

Hypothetically, the maximum points the Pats can attain if they win all there remaining games (24), would be 92 points. In order for PA, who is 8th today, to finish ahead of Regina, they need to finish with 93 points. 93 minus the 51 they are at leaves 42 points or 21 wins, and that becomes the "magic number". The number goes down as the non playoff team's losses increase and the last playoff team's wins increases. The basic formula is: wins required by last playoff team to reach point level unattainable by non playoff team even if non playoff team wins all its games. Wins required is the magic number. Like I said earlier, it's easier to do with less games left and less teams involved and no 3 point games. Hope this answers any questions and if anyone else knows a better or clearer way to explain it, feel free.

On another note, very entertaining game last night for 5641 in attendance. Who's that number 7 on the Pats? Even with that Pats jersey on, that kid is worth the price of admission.

magic # now 17

I think they could make everyone eat their words, I still don't feel confident enough to say that they won't make the playoffs. If they make it they would be like Lethbridge was last year, a team with lots of good players, but a team that underachieved during the season. A team that could upset someone.

My vote goes in the no column.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltz9 View Post
    I think they could make everyone eat their words, I still don't feel confident enough to say that they won't make the playoffs. If they make it they would be like Lethbridge was last year, a team with lots of good players, but a team that underachieved during the season. A team that could upset someone.
    Give us a yes or no. We'll come back at the end of the season and see if parker was smart or a moron.....