Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Pats make the playoffs now they kept Eberle and Teubert?

They wont be there for long, since they have the games in hand. Technically we are still chasing PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    They wont be there for long, since they have the games in hand. Technically we are still chasing PA.
    Magic # against PA is also 15.....I'm actually hoping the Pats make 8th place b/c they might be able to take down the Blades in the 1st round.....
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Magic # for MJ in 8th place against Regina is 14
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Magic # for MJ in 8th place against Regina is still 14

Magic # down to 13 games now...

Very safe to say the Pats will NOT make the playoffs... i am a die hard Pats fan & i have stopped dreaming the dream.. come March 14th Edmonton will be very happy to get Eberle away from Hunt's brutal coaching & give him some top coaching in the NHL & AHL ranks (most likely AHL) heck even LA & TB will be happy to give Teubert & Ashton some AHL games or even practice with them is better then what Hunt has to offer.

I am sick of seeing pathedic efforts with no will, Parker is happy with mediocre teams as long as he gets 4000 fans in the building. I for 1 am not buying season tickets next year if Parker is still GM. Im starting to question Hunt's abilities over the course of the season. Edmonton Oil Kings compete harder then we do just they have less skill.

How pathedic is it to miss the playoffs back to back years with a guy by the name of Jordan Eberle on ur team. Last season we had more scoring depth & a much better goaltender & ended the season horrible from mid december til the end of march. This season Eberle is by far the best player in the league with no help from his 20 yr olds around him. Leffler at this rate wont even score 15 goals after a 33 goal season last year. The only bright spots on this team this season is Eberle's continued amazing play, Teubert stepping up his game to what the LA Kings knew he could as last season wasnt that graet after WJs, oh & Myles Bell is definately a bright spot along with Weal. The rest of the season has been a wash board at best.

Magic # down to 12 games now for the Warriors against 10th place Pats...

Brent Parker

We are doing that bad, huh? Almost better Im not there to see it, not that Im surprised we lost to Calgary.

Regardless whether we see the playoffs or not, season tickets are not in the cards for me next year...that is unless Parker steps down(because he wont be fired). Last season was the worst example of management I have ever seen or can think of at any level, and just when you start to believe again, he makes the selfish move at the deadline and potentially screws the team over. Just like last year when he picked the cheaper Derkatch over the proven Habscheid which ruined the season, he keeps the stars instead of looking out for the franchise's needs this season.

Patsdude is right, you know you suck when you miss the playoffs not once, but twice with Eberle on your team. Its shameful. But obviously its always been about making more money, and while real GMs care consider the future, Parker does not. On the bright side, this could be an indication that he is willing to sell soon. It doesnt make much sense to do what he did, and leaving a team like he will next year is a Parker type decision, unless he just wanted to make the most cash he can now and milk it for what its worth. We can only hope so.

That being said, we arent completely out of the race yet. We could win a string of games and the teams ahead could lose and before you know it we are in contention again. Theres still a chance things could change fast, but at this rate, being on the outside looking in, we are going to need some luck with the results. I dont believe in Parker, but I believe in the team.

what would frustrate me most, if i was a pats fan, is missing the playoffs last year, the possibility of missing them this year, and with pretty significant player departures the probability of missing the playoffs next year. but that's not what would frustrate me most.

it's the fact the teams around me in the standings this season (moose jaw, lethbridge) made moves to make themselves better as soon as next season. the parker family wants the extra playoff money, don't doubt that's what this is all about. if the pats don't make the playoffs this year, not only will the parkers not have playoff money last year, this year, or probably next year.

of course all of that could be someone else's mess to clean up, if the team was sold. talking with friends in regina, that is now the only way they will return to watch a game, which i think is unfortunate. don't punish the kids for poor ownership and management.