Thread: Finally, a new captain.

Default Finally, a new captain.

So today the Cougars took away the "C" from Art Bidlevskii and gave it to Garrett Thiessen who, in my opinion, should have gotten it in the first place.

Nothing personal against Art but nothing I have seen leads me to believe he would make a good captain.

Congrats to Garrett.

Default Yeah, right

Definitely the move to make for the Cougars...
    9-35-1-1 and they switch the C....
    The coaching staff should have had the foresight to give the C to the right person at the start of the year or at least make a change during the Christmas Break. Typical of Clark...deflect from the real problem...a lack of coaching.

Must be the right man for the job, as it would make more sense to give it to someone who will be with the team for more than 2 more months.

Default As much sense as....

giving the A to a player ( Connolly ) who has only played 12 games all year...missed all of camp and has not been on a road trip since December. Leadership thru absence?

Simple analysis of Clark's choices...Rodgers a 20yr old has an "A" and thru the whole year has been below average at best...Connolly has an "A" has not played...Bidlevski had the C now has an A...(if he cant Captain what makes Clark feel he can be an Assistant?)
    Theissen has the C now for what? The two months of continued losing?

A full house cleaning was in order as far as leadership, or a lack thereof, is concerned... there has obviously been very little veteran leadership this year....
    Should have just done the Minnesota Wild concept and rotated the captaincies in approx ten game segments to see if anyone rises to the challenge.