Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: BRN @ KTN

Default BRN @ KTN

5th goal was clearly kicked in. Brandon is playing pretty good, but man they need to start killing penalties and limiting their turnovers.

The one ref is an idiot because he was standing behind the net, yet he never "saw" the puck go in..they had to go upstairs to finally rule it a goal. The announcers are just as bad because they still seem to think that the Selke Trophy is awarded to the NHL playoff MVP and they still think Hayes is in goal..LOL

I think Brandon will pressure in the 3rd hard.

Ya no kidding, I laugh every time they say it's Hayes in net. Brandon is just playing horrible defense, giving the puck away alot and not getting the puck out. 5th goal was definately not a goal. So I agree with you EOK1, I thought it may never happen lol.

Big win tonight. Hopefully they can keep this going, looks like they have some confidence now and they get Wiebe back the next game.

Big effort in the 3rd and in OT. Good win.

Was it a blind deaf kid that picked the three stars in this one? IMO it should have been,
    1) Glennie- 1 goal and 2 assists plus the overtime winner!
    2) Schenn- 2 goals and some amazing plays!
    3) McNabb- 1 goal and 1 assist and some solid D!

Not
    1) Rintoul- 1 assist and a +1 but really didnt do anything special in my view!
    2) Schenn- Can stay.
    3) Fraser- 1 goal and a +/- 0

But as for Schenn how can you even describe that tonight..... Unreal! And how about Glennie with his 3rd 3 point game in a row.
    Last edited by brandonboy; 01-26-2010 at 11:18 PM.

They reported the stars on TV as
    1. Schenn
    2. Fraser (I think)
    3. Glennie

From what I could gather, those who looked good included Lewadniuk, Schenn, Calvert, Glennie, Ciarelli and Robak. Those not so much; Hayes for sure, Fehr (looked behind the play), Melnychuk and Urbom (both fought the puck).

That end to end rush was unreal. I still think Aaron banged that home, but impressive none the less. Keep it going in Lethbridge.

Good to see the forwards come to play Good game Braden excellent game Scott

My favourite part, aside from the win was the announcers freaking out at the end of the second on not knowing the score, and then the guy asking Scott Glennie as they headed to the dressing room, what the score was...lol

hmm -- officiating in that game was abysmal and people complain that I whine about the reffing too much, but from the linesmen, to the scorekeepers to the incompetent refs, bad calls were made all over the ice... the video goal judges were blind too -- lifting your foot and bringing it forward IS A KICKING MOTION (frankly I'd love to see a rule go in that if it goes in off a foot it doesn't count-- it would solve all of this "kicking motion" interpretation garbage)

.. Savage remains one of the more useless refs in this league. And the ref who was at the back of the net looking for the puck to cross the line (Cowley?) (which it did by almost a foot) and then was dumb enough to waive it off maybe needs a vacation .. This is their job for pete's sake and he couldn't have been in a better position to make that call and still he screws it up

as for the game nobody was playing defense at all, it was wide open hockey .. which is fun but won't win playoff series. Good move by the Brandon coach putting DeSerres in for the third. The Wheaties were badly out-shooting the Ice and yet were trailing by a goal after two.

Not sure how you guys hope to make a bid for the Memorial Cup with that goal-tending duo though --- Jacob is capable of stepping it up, but I didn't see much from Hayes that instills me with confidence -- I'd be curious to hear what you guys think of your chances. Amazing offense, but from what I see very few players playing any sort of defense and goaltending that is b-grade at best. I haven't seen the Wheaties a whole lot this season so maybe it was a tough game for Hayes.

The Giants have the same problem between the pipes right now, not sure how deep we can go with our tandem ... but at least DeSerres is a veteran for you guys.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/