Sutter Olsen Bews
    Stovan

Elliott Thrower
    Zahn Siemens
    Kiziuk Dietz
    Vandane

Morrison
    Oswald

With that lineup i don't see why we wont be elite again and possible 3 peat at the east division fingers crossed

Seriously? Zahn over both Boyer and Acolatse? He as never struck me as 'overage' material in this league.

Do you go to many Blades games ? no i thought not Boyer is useless playing on our 4th line and Zahn is rough and tough wears the A and is a great leader

McNaught is rougher and tougher.... Why not slap an A on him and keep him as an overage player by that logic? When I saw Saskatoon earlier this season, I saw Zahn play, and I thought "Wow, that rookie is huge!", then I quickly checked the roster to see how big he was, and saw that he was 19, yikes! With the 16 and 17 year olds on the team this year putting up equal or better numbers than him, I would be astonished to see him back next season.

Acolatse is good enough that he has had an NHL tryout with the Phoenix Coyotes, and Boyer is not an extraordinary player, but he isn't a minus player on a top team, and he hasn't seen his numbers go down exponentially from last season....

Default Here's who I'd go with...

Goalies
    20 Stanford - Traded if Morrison is kept
    19 Morrison - Traded if Stanford is kept
    17 Oswald

I'm not a big fan of Morrison's, unless the Blades got something they couldn't refuse for Stanford I'd keep him as a 20 yr old and trade Morrison.

Defense

20 Zahn or Acolatse
    19 Elliott
    18 Kiziuk
    18 Vandane
    17 Siemens
    17 Thrower
    17 Dietz

Fowards

20 Patterson - He's a lock if he returns
    20 Toomey - Back if Viedensky signs
    20 Viedensky - I'd keep Viedensky over Toomey
    19 Dziurzynski
    19 Gogol
    19 Hamilton
    18 Euro - A good 17 yr old would be nice.
    18 Nicholls
    18 Inglis
    18 Johnson
    17 Benson
    17 Daae
    17 Sutter
    16 Bews
    16 Olsen
    16 Stovan

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    McNaught is rougher and tougher.... Why not slap an A on him and keep him as an overage player by that logic? When I saw Saskatoon earlier this season, I saw Zahn play, and I thought "Wow, that rookie is huge!", then I quickly checked the roster to see how big he was, and saw that he was 19, yikes! With the 16 and 17 year olds on the team this year putting up equal or better numbers than him, I would be astonished to see him back next season.

Acolatse is good enough that he has had an NHL tryout with the Phoenix Coyotes, and Boyer is not an extraordinary player, but he isn't a minus player on a top team, and he hasn't seen his numbers go down exponentially from last season....
    McNaught is not a fair comparasin, Zahn is a d-man has been with the team since he was 16 has been drafted so i think the Black Hawks see something in him.

We need a vet like him on the back end he is very responsible with the puck and is always the first man in when a blade player gets hit, always there for his teamates not to mention he looks faster on his skates than Acolatse does, one of the only things Acolatse has going for him is his canon of a shot where he got most of his points quaterbacking the seattle pp, while he was a foward.

And another thing plus minus means jack to me when our top paring elliott and klassen where matched up against teams weaker lines racking up there points and plus minus, while Niemi and Zahn were always playing against guys like Eberle and Schenn etc.
    Last edited by lordstanley; 02-11-2010 at 09:47 PM.

how did johnson play for the blades this year ? is he likely to return after being sent down last month ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
    how did johnson play for the blades this year ? is he likely to return after being sent down last month ?
    I would say if he can't crack the third line as a 18 year old next season he wont make the team he is barrely averging a point per game with the saskatoon contacs since being sent down he played of and on with the Blades this season he is gonna always be a 4th liner who can kill of penaltys and be a responsible foward but will never put up big points or use his body

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    I would say if he can't crack the third line as a 18 year old next season he wont make the team he is barrely averging a point per game with the saskatoon contacs since being sent down he played of and on with the Blades this season he is gonna always be a 4th liner who can kill of penaltys and be a responsible foward but will never put up big points or use his body
    i saw him play for the blazers a couple times. 9gp 3g 9a 12pts 39 pim. he stands out as a good skater with a strong shot. while size isnt a strength he does seem to play gritty in midget
    i was just curious how he did at the whl level