Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010-11 Season tix

Default 2010-11 Season tix

I see on the Raiders site that if you buy your season tickets early you can win prizes. One of them involves an exclusive meet and greet with Bruno Campese and the 2010-11 Raider team. Does this mean he has signed an extension. If he comes back that is the one reason I wouldn't be re-newing.

Our young players don't play enough and aren't developing like they could and should. The team was in a battle in Nov / Dec where they could be in the top 4 or 5 in the Conf. Based on our schedule and our record on the road we probably won't make the playoffs again. If this happens that would be three 9th or 10th finishes in a row. No improvement from a team perspective. Say want you want about our play at home, they are that bad on the road, and our bottom 3 dmen don't play and our 3rd line gets limited ice and 4th line doesn't play.

Raiders went from a young team last year to an old team this year. Bruno's recipe for developing a team and sticking to some sort of plan is something to be desired.

I really hope they find a way to win on the road. They need to go .500 in their remaining road games to get into the playoffs. Our top players are looking like they are more and more gassed all the time.

JMHO

Hey raiderfan15. May i please repeat my self too? pretty please. Ok thanks. i seen the Raiders at the Medicine Hat this week and they were stinky brutal. Not brutal from lack of effort. Brutal from an unstructured game stand point in more ways than one. For one thing I see He flips on players and I bet that really helps with the psychological aspect.
    Not once the whole game did they sustain any control in the attacking zone. Not Once! I feel sorry for you guys. Brutal!

You know folks, all your squabbling, bashing, and whining is adding nothing to these boards. Stop embarrassing yourselves and talk hockey.
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

Quote Originally Posted by WestLEAFfan View Post
    You know folks, all your squabbling, bashing, and whining is adding nothing to these boards. Stop embarrassing yourselves and talk hockey.
    I absolutely agree with you. Broken records with nothing positive to convey are not helpful. How many of the serial critics have ever managed or coached a WHL team.
    Last edited by Raider Believer; 02-15-2010 at 09:51 AM.

Raider Believer, I would have to guess that the answer to your question would be none of the posters here have coached or been GM of a WHL team whether they are positive posters or negative critics. If you want everyone here to be rah rah, as a new poster with 7 posts you've come to the wrong place. Any hockey forum I have ever seen is way more negative than positive, get used to it or go to the home decorating forums.
    The Raiders are playing some of their best hockey right now that I have seen in a couple of years. Yes, Bruno has traded away a lot of youth to get there but he will have to deal with it next year or the year after if he is still in PA. His feet will be held to the fire eventually for all of his decisions. If the Raiders didn't make the playoffs this year Bruno would be out of a job plain and simple. Not hard to see which direction he would go.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider Believer View Post
    I absolutely agree with you. However, broken records with nothing positive to convey are not helpful. How many of the serial critics have ever managed or coached a WHL team.
    Nothing wrong with being critical, but the incessant bickering/whining is an indication of a general lack of knowledge, culture, and decency. Enough already.

WestLeaf, unfortunately, a hockey message board has not turned out to be the place for knowledge, culture or decency. Maybe, as the internet progresses, a place like you speak of will come to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by SaskHockeyFan View Post
    WestLeaf, unfortunately, a hockey message board has not turned out to be the place for knowledge, culture or decency. Maybe, as the internet progresses, a place like you speak of will come to exist.

good one!

If my or certain people's posts bother you, don't read them. But you guys seem to get out your fine toothed comb for some posts.

Knowledge, culture or decency. Tell me what about any of the posts above lacked knowledge or decency. Culture, go to an opera or ballet message board.

All you ra ra team guys lack knowledge. You don't know enough to be critical, or are so blinded by your love for BC that you won't state the truth.

"Oh, great game by Zemlak again, or I love how Cameron, Revenko, and Harrison play til they can barely breath" That is the kind of crap posted on here all the time. I like those players. No question they are the go to guys. But they should be rested for their regular shift and PP time. Should only PK in last few minutes of a game. I think anyone with a critical observation within reason who articulates it well is allot more relevant than incessant and mindless cheering. Sometimes I wonder if you guys even know what or who you are cheering for. You are hockey knowledgable like fans from the southern states. The jumbotron says cheer, so you cheer.

When getting blown out in the Hat, why in the third period did Zemlak not get rested? Why did the 4th line play 2 shifts. Why did Mark McNeill have only 8-10 shifts all game?

And I agree with Razz. The Raiders didn't establish pressure or good puck control in the off zone all night. Looked like 60 minutes of PK. To give them credit, they played a much better bounce back game with Calgary, and could have squeaked out a win with some bounces. Red Deer is playing very tough hockey as of late. They will have to play their best game of the trip tonight. If they are not organized and prepared mentally, their physical fatigue will let them down.

I've said it before and will say it again to WestLeafs chagrin, the fatigue is setting in on our top 2 lines and top 3 dmen. The rest of the team will have trouble if given opportunity at this point. They don't have the confidence to take on more reponsibility, and haven't made their mistakes in key situations earlier in the year because they don't get those opportunities. SO the coach is screwed. His top guys are physically tired and will make the mental mistakes that go with that, and the mid and lower tiered players aren't in a position to do more. So we will see top guys 30 minutes a night from here on out, and may miss the playoffs because of it.

Please tell me what about this post isn't relevant, and I will try and be better. But I won't post the ra ra team crap.

Good luck in Red Deer boys.

Quote Originally Posted by tuffguy View Post
    If my or certain people's posts bother you, don't read them. But you guys seem to get out your fine toothed comb for some posts.

Knowledge, culture or decency. Tell me what about any of the posts above lacked knowledge or decency. Culture, go to an opera or ballet message board.

All you ra ra team guys lack knowledge. You don't know enough to be critical, or are so blinded by your love for BC that you won't state the truth.

"Oh, great game by Zemlak again, or I love how Cameron, Revenko, and Harrison play til they can barely breath" That is the kind of crap posted on here all the time. I like those players. No question they are the go to guys. But they should be rested for their regular shift and PP time. Should only PK in last few minutes of a game. I think anyone with a critical observation within reason who articulates it well is allot more relevant than incessant and mindless cheering. Sometimes I wonder if you guys even know what or who you are cheering for. You are hockey knowledgable like fans from the southern states. The jumbotron says cheer, so you cheer.

When getting blown out in the Hat, why in the third period did Zemlak not get rested? Why did the 4th line play 2 shifts. Why did Mark McNeill have only 8-10 shifts all game?

And I agree with Razz. The Raiders didn't establish pressure or good puck control in the off zone all night. Looked like 60 minutes of PK. To give them credit, they played a much better bounce back game with Calgary, and could have squeaked out a win with some bounces. Red Deer is playing very tough hockey as of late. They will have to play their best game of the trip tonight. If they are not organized and prepared mentally, their physical fatigue will let them down.

I've said it before and will say it again to WestLeafs chagrin, the fatigue is setting in on our top 2 lines and top 3 dmen. The rest of the team will have trouble if given opportunity at this point. They don't have the confidence to take on more reponsibility, and haven't made their mistakes in key situations earlier in the year because they don't get those opportunities. SO the coach is screwed. His top guys are physically tired and will make the mental mistakes that go with that, and the mid and lower tiered players aren't in a position to do more. So we will see top guys 30 minutes a night from here on out, and may miss the playoffs because of it.

Please tell me what about this post isn't relevant, and I will try and be better. But I won't post the ra ra team crap.

Good luck in Red Deer boys.
    you have some solid points that i agree with. i also figure bruno is being given enough rope to hang himself with. if thats what he does then so be it. i dont think there is one person on this board who can disagree that zemlak should be rested in the 3rd or even the 2nd after it was 4-0. in my opinion those are the games to give the kids the time.