Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2010-11 Season tix

uhhhhhhh. Razz, read the post. I was pretending to post like Westbeach always does. Everything so up and up. I was being facetious. Bruno treating Aasman fairly or good was the last thing that I thought. In fact I heard allot of what you heard. Kid was treated poorly on and off the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by tuffguy View Post
    uhhhhhhh. Razz, read the post. I was pretending to post like Westbeach always does. Everything so up and up. I was being facetious. Bruno treating Aasman fairly or good was the last thing that I thought. In fact I heard allot of what you heard. Kid was treated poorly on and off the ice.
    Sorry ya had me goin, haha. But isn't/wasn't it a sad situation. How the hell can someone do that to a teenager. I've met Ryan a few times and he's an outstanding young man. I wish him well and anyone else that has to put up with that crap. Especially from a coach/gm (if ya can call him that).

Question Not Looking Good

Tough 3 game road trip for the Raiders. They now find themselves sitting in 9th place in the conference. With the remaining schedule, can the team claw their way back in? 13 games left, 6 at home, 7 on the road. Thoughts anyone?
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by WestLEAFfan View Post
    Tough 3 game road trip for the Raiders. They now find themselves sitting in 9th place in the conference. With the remaining schedule, can the team claw their way back in? 13 games left, 6 at home, 7 on the road. Thoughts anyone?
    Its gonna be tight! We havenīt exactly been stellar on the road. Iīm somewhat in agreement with those who think that Bruno has to make the playoffs to survive beyond this season, which puts him and the team at cross purposes. Either way, next season will be a rebuilding season. Yikes! If you look at the roster, I can see a minimum of 5 forwards gone and possibly as many as 6 or 7! I donīt see Bruno, or whoever the new coach is, keeping the under achieving 91s on the roster. And our d will probably need the experience of two 20 year olds. Either way, the team will be significantly younger next year, unless Bruno trades away our youngsters for journeyman players (and we have enough of those) in order to try and squeak into the playoffs again. I say again because, as I said earlier, if he doesnīt make it this year I doubt he will have the opportunity of trading anyone.

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by tuffguy View Post

Next years team will be ok. Its after that, when that large group of 1991 born players aregone. He has traded too many 92 and 93 born players to rely on those groups in a big way. Those groups could have been real good. Frank is gone, Aasman is gone, Aschim is gone, Edwards get left hanging to bring in Flette. Persley is gone. Those age groups may still be ok, but if they kept "and developed" the kids I just mentioned they could have been a potentially dominant group.
    Not sure that the 91 group has the tools or talent to carry the team next season. My guess is that there will be wholesale changes on the forward lines next year. We could be a lot younger if Bruno brings in the youngsters to carry a big portion of the load. I wish the team still had Aasman, we didnīt get nearly enough for him. Flette might be another move Bruno would like to do over, maybe Williams or Edwards could have been developed instead, however Tucker is a great pick up and a goodie IMO. Aschim wanted out and moaned loud enough to make it happen, Iīm guessing heīd have been a 3īrd or 4th liner next year and that probably doesnīt cut it. Persley wasnīt reporting and was never a bonafide blue chipper at the WHL level.
    Last edited by Raider Believer; 02-15-2010 at 09:48 AM.

I am completely at a loss for words to describe the teams difference of play between home and away. How can they basically dominate at home and muster so little offense on the road? Is line matching that crucial? It certainly isn't the crowds at the AHC making the difference. Same players, same coaching staff, but 2 different teams. Very confusing/frustrating. It'll be a race to the finish for sure.
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Sorry ya had me goin, haha. But isn't/wasn't it a sad situation. How the hell can someone do that to a teenager. I've met Ryan a few times and he's an outstanding young man. I wish him well and anyone else that has to put up with that crap. Especially from a coach/gm (if ya can call him that).
    Ryan, is that you? Hows the weather down there!

dotan ?
    www.childrenswish.ca

Tendler?

Martin?